Why does my ac compressor clutch keep burning up? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Why does my ac compressor clutch keep burning up?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > LSx Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Two tones of terror

User is: OffLine
Why does my ac compressor clutch keep burning up?

My truck uses a factor denso compressor for an 05 yukon and ever since I got the ac system hooked up and charged it worked great for about 2 days then the compressor clutch stared slipping and smelling bad and blowing dust everywhere. So I took it off and found that it was fucked up pretty bad so I bought a whole brand new clutch with the coil and everything and it worked perfectly for about 2 days also and now its doing the same thing and slipping bad almost to the point where it wont spin. What could cause this to happen on 2 different clutches? Could the system be over charged with freon? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Registered Hoosier

Re: Why does my ac compressor clutch keep burning up?

Did you check/add oil to the system? Sounds like your compressor is seizing up.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #3

Could be the compressor seizing up or the head pressure is too high inside the pump. My money is on the compressor like Hoosier said.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Two tones of terror

Idk it turns easily and freely and cools excellent as long as the clutch is working right. If it was low on oil wouldnt something inside the compressor fail before it burns up 2 clutches or am I wrong? What would make the pressure too high?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Anybody got 20's?

When you turn it are you grabbing the actual pulley or the clutch? Was the system properly vacuumed down and charged? Did you add oil to it when installing it? Also check the voltage going to the clutch. You could not have enough voltage and it might not be engaging all the way.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #6

could very well be no or low on pag oil.......plus like above poster said check voltage.....if you need a price on a oem new compressor hit me up ....work at a dealership and get awesome discounts.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.