S-10 Forum banner

The quest for 8's... Couple updates. Few pictures.

106K views 773 replies 133 participants last post by  GM 
#1 · (Edited)
Been a while since i posted an update. My truck is undergoing some pretty extensive changes this year.

After running 9.38@153.6 at full weight with nothing removed. (4050lbs) Last year the thought of an 8 second pass has really got me going.

I am making an honest effort to get an 8 second pass. This will include some changes that will take a little away from the ultimate street truck appeal that it seemed to have before.

I have removed the sub woofers box and amps a total of 75lbs.
I have removed the A/C for a total of 42lbs in weight reduction. A/C kit will be for sale.

Upgraded to Wilwood brakes all the way around to help stop from 155+ also will be installing a Parachute.

Going to do somthing with the seats... Stock seat and a 5 point harness isnt the safest option.

The truck has a full roll cage now certified to 8.50 by an NHRA Chassis inspector.

Here are a couple pics of the new brakes.

Stay tuned for some more updates and pictures as the new motor goes together. Will be a healthy 408"

As always the engine will be controlled by a stock ECM, Current Performance harness and the biggest High impedance injectors I can find LOL.

See less See more
#3 ·
GM 6.0L block. Somwhere in the 20psi range. Gonna do what it needs to be around 1000RWHP and work the suspension and chassis from there. The 370 Made over 1K RWHP last year so this guy should too.

Cam is a whole bunch larger... wont be a MPG Machine anymore but should shake the windows from a block away.

#5 ·
SWEET... I bet shes going to have a lsxtreme decal in the dash to...lol

Hay you ran the truck coils with the vette covers right? how did ya clear the coils with the covers....

Sorry to hijack the thread....lol

#9 ·
Wilwood's are sexy.

His 4L60E is the fastest one on the Planet! Why not push it for an untouchable record. Good Luck buddy.

I'm calling it! 8.88 1/4 Mile

#13 ·
Wow. I couldn't imagine this truck any better.
Good luck mang!
:)

#14 ·
just post up a link of that insane burnout....that's all I'm asking :haha:

no but for real that's awesome

#15 ·
I can certainly understand your quest! I think I would have to keep the a/c but then again, your in Canada! You know what they say, "If you can't find 100#'s in 1 place, find 1# in 100 places." I think there is a lot of extra weight under the dash, and I know for sure the doors are heavy, so you may be able to find some extra in there. You know Vic Edelbrock bought Smokey Yunick's famous Camaro, and he would not say what all he did, but he said that car was like Swiss cheese. I think you had a combo that was already close to an 8 pass, just needed to put the truck on a diet. Depending on how much weight it looses, new cam, tune, I think you could see an 8.7xx. Did you change the valve springs? I wanted to ask you about that even before the new cam. Most guys I know who have a setup like you swap springs out every season. Can't wait to see the time slips fly!

#16 ·
You know, I look at your threads blackx and I never can find the words to express what I think when I see your truck and the work that you do to it. So ima sum it up with a smiley lol :jawdrop:

Can't wait to see the new time slips man, that truck is sick.

#20 ·
your truck is so slow.... Prove its not and do another burnout vid... but in a wheelie lilke they did in fast and furious!

haha j/k

awesome as usual... i hope you meet your goals!

#27 ·
so did the box come with the resistor? also, do you use the same blower motor, just swap the blade? judging by the price for that part you listed, it must just be the blade...

also, you keeping the 60e?

#28 ·
Resistor is from my old box. Same motor just swap the impeller.

Yes I will be pushing the 60E trans again. The guys at Finishline really want an 8 second pass, I think I can give it to them. I get to test some new parts again for them this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.