Sleeper S10's LSX Swap - Page 20 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > LSx Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password


 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #951
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
Similar to mine up front. I have to drop it back to the ground in stages. Even with a low profile jack the low profile part isn't long enough to get to the cross member so the bumper still falls onto the jack if I don't drop the wheels onto 2x4s then drop each side from the frame rail to get it off the 2x4s

and with a low profile jack?

would you have an available pic of a close up you can post of your front tires to fenders?
any steering issues and top of tires hitting the inner fenders?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #952
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by chargedextreme
what qa1s did you get? i have qa1 r series on mine with 350lb springs

this is what i got:

QA1 Pro-Coil System, Drag Race "R" Series, 1701-1900 lbs front end weight

is your truck an extend cab?
how high do you have your bolts adlusted from bottom to top currenly? or the highest you had them?

what motor and how you like the ride? does it bottom out?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #953
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by s-10ls1
I like the look of the drop and I wouldn't see a problem with it.
thanks boss! hope your right!

Quote: Originally Posted by Petro
Looks good to me Jan and shouldn't be a issue driving it unless you have bad roads...May need to get a low profile jack though
you have an extra jack you can ship me lol. i'll take it!
:P
roads here are decent once patched up in the spring. winter not so much.

thing that worries me is that the QA1's will prob still settle and lower even more.
will just have to wait and see.

last night running out to get some colds ones i saw an Extreme at stock height and did a little hand measuring to my side and it was WAYS WAYS higer than mine when getting back to compare!
mine sits low as my '98 tercell with shot springs it's weird lol.

another thing is that it's been on stands forever and i got used to seeing it that way. that and i mainly drive an Escape that's ways higher.
sittng in my S10, the feel different.

have just a few before QA1 pics saved and also with 4.3 to after...
guess it's close?







Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #954
joey
 
chargedextreme's Avatar
 
Age: 25
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 462
Location: stafford virginia
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
this is what i got:

QA1 Pro-Coil System, Drag Race "R" Series, 1701-1900 lbs front end weight

is your truck an extend cab?
how high do you have your bolts adlusted from bottom to top currenly? or the highest you had them?

what motor and how you like the ride? does it bottom out?
same coil overs i have and yes mine is a extended cab. my drivers side is about 2inches cranked up and passenger side is cranked up 1"7/8, i have not drove it with my new ls2 motor set up but i did with my 358sbc alum headed small block i had, the truck road amazing never had a problem with it bottoming out. i now have spohn upper and lower control arms
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #955
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
and with a low profile jack?

would you have an available pic of a close up you can post of your front tires to fenders?
any steering issues and top of tires hitting the inner fenders?
Sure thing, Its up in the air currently for the trans swap but heres from this summer after the afco coilover swap.
25" fender to ground height with 245/50r16 tires. Like 25.5" tall tires I think.









Orginal set height when I did the coilovers. Just 1/4" lower then the above pics.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #956
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by chargedextreme
same coil overs i have and yes mine is a extended cab. my drivers side is about 2inches cranked up and passenger side is cranked up 1"7/8, i have not drove it with my new ls2 motor set up but i did with my 358sbc alum headed small block i had, the truck road amazing never had a problem with it bottoming out. i now have spohn upper and lower control arms
music to my ears. what i needed to hear!
THANKS!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #957
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
heres from this summer after the afco coilover swap.
25" fender to ground height with 245/50r16 tires. Like 25.5" tall tires I thinnk.
mine looks to be exactly like yours. i will soon check to compare the fender to ground measurement on mine. that will give me an idea?

i have to ask... you have the 350 coil overs?
AND... how far up from the bottom are yours adjusted?

i miss my old ZQ8 rims. the older style are my fav.

truck is sharp!

my tire sizes:
front: 225/50/17
rear: 255/45/17
Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #958
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
after the afco coilover swap.
25" fender to ground height
Just measured the front and it's 24.5" up front, same on each side.
I forgot to check the back.

Pretty bad.
Plus I hear they will settle. Hope not.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #959
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

I ran 450# coils at first but they kept bottoming out and binding so I upped to 500# coils and my adjust screw is about halfway up the shock. Coils will definitely settle.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #960
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Hoping I won't be screwed with my 350 coils? Being that my block is aluminum.

Did loads of reading old posts and read so many mixed reviews and opinions on choosing the right spring rate, its making me dizzy.

So many mixed opinions lol. Maybe I'll have luck like chargedextreme.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #961
You lost me at carburetor
 
longboxdime's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,494
Location: Birthplace of GM- not Detroit
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Sleeper your truck looks niiiiiiiice! Low, lean, and mean! Run it for a few and see what happens. If it bottoms you can always change it later......
Old 01-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #962
art
( . Y . )
 
art's Avatar
 
Age: 34
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 840
Location: lafayette, In
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Yeah, I read a lot about spring rates and everyone has different opinions. It's all going to depend on how you like your suspension. I have the exact same set up and can't wait to put it on. The springs are not too exspensive. You can change out the springs for 400# or 450#. I don't think you'll have any issues binding. Their kit consists of 10" springs. I think tiresmokin is was using 8" springs.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #963
Ls1 Bagged
 
10Droped's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 960
Location: Wood River,IL
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Yea looks killer hope it works out for you,that's the one nice thing with air little more psi and they will untuck lol!!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #964
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by longboxdime
Sleeper your truck looks niiiiiiiice! Low, lean, and mean! Run it for a few and see what happens. If it bottoms you can always change it later......
thx for the compliment!

installing the QA1's was the toughest for me so far and i got excited thinking about it.
also hate purchasing things twice. oh well.
will keep my fingers crossed it'll be good!

Quote: Originally Posted by art
I have the exact same set up and can't wait to put it on. The springs are not too exspensive. You can change out the springs for 400# or 450#. I don't think you'll have any issues binding. Their kit consists of 10" springs. I think tiresmokin is was using 8" springs.
hope so on the binding.
the QA1 tech mentioned i can safely raise/ adjust the height to the very top thread as lowering it to the very bottom (SAFELY), we will see. good luck to both of us with the 350's!

Quote: Originally Posted by 10Droped
Yea looks killer hope it works out for you,that's the one nice thing with air little more psi and they will untuck lol!!
lol that's cool!
truck looks show quality/ NEW!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #965
Independent
 
sonomaguy's Avatar

 
Age: 53
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,915
Location: Alberta,Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

It appears to have the same clearance as mine and I am running 235/45/18. I do not have any current side pics of mine right now and itis tucked away in storage so I cannot get any. I do bottom out occasionally. I have an 03 Noma with the ZQ8 suspension and I did 2 inch spindles and 2 inch blocks. I will try digging for some pics if you like. My tires are a 26.13 tall tire. I think I may have a pop can pic of the frame if you want to compare that.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #966
LS ONE
 
BLACKZQ8stepside's Avatar
 
Age: 49
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,919
Location: Rockford, Illinois
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
Hoping I won't be screwed with my 350 coils? Being that my block is aluminum.

Did loads of reading old posts and read so many mixed reviews and opinions on choosing the right spring rate, its making me dizzy.

So many mixed opinions lol. Maybe I'll have luck like chargedextreme.
I'm also running those springs, + I'm running an aluminum block as well, I had the same concerns about what spring to go with, I made my choice based on an estimate I made about how much weight I had up front, the coil overs were a bitch to install, not looking forward to a spring change.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #967
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by BLACKZQ8stepside
I'm also running those springs, + I'm running an aluminum block as well, I had the same concerns about what spring to go with, I made my choice based on an estimate I made about how much weight I had up front, the coil overs were a bitch to install, not looking forward to a spring change.

with the reg cab you will be better off than me.

can you buy the QA1 coils/springs alone?
i just see them selling with the shock.

a start will be me removing my 2 10" box. what's the average of those? 50lbs?
that has to help.

if i could start over i'd ditch the ac all together like Black X.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #968
art
( . Y . )
 
art's Avatar
 
Age: 34
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 840
Location: lafayette, In
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

You can get the springs. 10GBF350 for 350#, 400 for 400#, 450...up to 500 I think. Just type in that part number on summit and it should come up.

Last edited by art; 01-13-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed part#
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #969
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by art
You can get the springs. 10GBF350 for 350#, 400 for 400#, 450...up to 500 I think. Just type in that part number on summit and it should come up.
those numbers didn't work for me.
thanks for the help art!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #970
art
( . Y . )
 
art's Avatar
 
Age: 34
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 840
Location: lafayette, In
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

I edited the part #'s. I forgot a couple numbers but they should work now.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #971
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Search qa1 coils. Qa1 and afco sell all there coils seperately. Thought about getting longer coils when i went to higher rate ones for more stored energy but stuck with the 8" long ones in my afco swap.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #972
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Thanks lots everyone for the info/ help.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #973
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

so my truck continues to sink!!!

right now from the ground to the fender it measures 24". i don't care what anyone say's now it's not cool. not drivable.
doubt it'll even steer. LOOKS FUNNY!

like to share this with you members so you don't get busted like me and for a heads up for someone like BLACKZQ8stepside... who at this point can still switch up if needed/ decides to.

for me now it's work ahead!!!

been back/ forth with a QA1 tech who asked me to measure the compressed spring as my truck now sites.

with the weight it should measure 7 1/2" compressed (i have 10" srpings)
with the weight it measures 5.8" (it compressed 4.2"!!!) THAT's NOT GOOD!

so yes i need a stronger spring.


you don't see to much spring do you lol?


before the motor... nose up!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #974
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

so does anyone here have qa1's on your lsx?

what spring rate you have?

i would like to know what to go with next for my FINAL set?
450#
500#
550#

Thanks ahead for your help guy's!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #975
Call me Mario, Princess
 
AceHaag's Avatar

 
Age: 32
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,653
Location: Elk River, Minnesota
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

I have #550 on mine but it is awd so it probably isn't much help
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #976
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by AceHaag
I have #550 on mine but it is awd so it probably isn't much help
Sure it is.
How you like the ride?
Thinking I may need 500#?
Still reasearching...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #977
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

500# here.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #978
Registered User

 
Age: 30
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 28
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
Sure it is.
How you like the ride?
Thinking I may need 500#?
Still reasearching...

Hey Jan

So I did a little research online and talked with some of the guys here and the general consensus was that the #550 would feel like you welded the suspension. I had a couple guys here say that the 450's would be the way to go. But that was with a smaller engines, so i would say that your idea of the #500's would be a good choice. You could always adjust your ride hight with the ring.

I guess the one way to look at it would be, to get the 2.5" of spring compression that the techs said. You would need to get a good estimate of the weight on the front tires. Do you know anyone with a small pad scale?

the:
#400's = 2000lbs
#450's = 2250lbs
#500's = 2500lbs
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #979
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
I ran 450# coils at first but they kept bottoming out and binding so I upped to 500# coils and my adjust screw is about halfway up the shock. Coils will definitely settle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomcat1983
So I did a little research online and talked with some of the guys here and the general consensus was that the #550 would feel like you welded the suspension. I had a couple guys here say that the 450's would be the way to go. But that was with a smaller engines, so i would say that your idea of the #500's would be a good choice. You could always adjust your ride hight with the ring.

I guess the one way to look at it would be, to get the 2.5" of spring compression that the techs said. You would need to get a good estimate of the weight on the front tires. Do you know anyone with a small pad scale?

the:
#400's = 2000lbs
#450's = 2250lbs
#500's = 2500lbs
thanks tiresmokinV8 AND Tomcat1983.
i'm leaning toward the 500# spings.

my truck sunk bad and still may sink more. still have to add:

-cowl hood
-more gas
-exhaust
-front bumper/ grille
-me and passanger


tiresmokinV8...
how you like the ride of the 500# springs? would you suggest 550# springs?

like Tomcat1983 i heard the 550#'s could be to much?

don't have any scale in the area.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #980
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

I wouldnt go to 550's. The 500's arent bad but its definately doesnt ride like a caddy. But still soaks up most bumps with ease. If I have the compression too low to get a smooth ride it does still bottom out on larger bumps and potholes.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #981
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
I wouldnt go to 550's. The 500's arent bad but its definately doesnt ride like a caddy. But still soaks up most bumps with ease. If I have the compression too low to get a smooth ride it does still bottom out on larger bumps and potholes.
You da man!
500# springs it'll be! End of story!

Just ordered some intake stuff today.
Now have to get a new MAF cause mine is attached to the S&P intake.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #982
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

spoke to a second QA1 tech who owns/ owned:

2000+ extend cab zq8 with a 4.3l (has 450# springs)
2000+ blazer with a 4.3l (has 500# springs)

when mentioning my spring going from 10" to 5.75" compressed he was able to do some calculations to determine where the next level up springs would also compress to with the same weight of my s10.

450# to 6.75" compressed
500# to 7.13" compressed (plus me and a passanger it'll compress more)

so the verdict is 500# springs just ordered today!
with him having both spring rates to compare on his own s-series i didn't second guess his onpinion.

a heads up to anyone thinking of going with a QA1 set up and smilar optioned truck.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #983
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

a few parts finally came in the mail.

started out with this Street & Performance intake.
-didn't fit with core support on, hitting CPW fans
-would only take in hot air.



then purchased this costly kit cause i didn't want aluminum soaking any heat.
very costly considering i only needed 23 - 27" of pipe from this kit.

also needed another MAF, MAF extension, some couplers, straps and a K/N cone.





crummy camera, crummy night shots.
i wanted it to look very simple, clean and plain.







so i agreed with everyone and took the advice of another intake off to the side.

now for everyone to loose the oem hood trapping in heat with that thermal stuff beneath and attached under the hood. (trapping all heat).
get a cowl.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #984
Registered User
 
ZQ8LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,745
Location: Hudson Fla
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Take headlight out & use a hole saw & drill some holes to let air in.

You will also need to make some sort of heat shield to block air from the rad & box the filter in the corner

You can kind of see on the left side of pic where I made mine from a foam diamond plate material,works great & easy to make.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #985
Dreaming of Turbos....
 
tiresmokinV8's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,606
Location: Springfield Twp, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

You can see the shield I made in the pics I posted a while back.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #986
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

ZQ8LS1

Thanks for posting that.
Looks like I have more work ahead.

Anyone in Totonto/area looking to buy some 4" tubing lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #987
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
You can see the shield I made in the pics I posted a while back.
Have your pics saved on my desk top which helped with my set up now.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #988
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

got the truck on stands again while waiting for the 500# QA1's.
a task with the low frame and not being able to fit a jack. (looking forward to correcting that).

in the mean time, installed this Fumoto Valve.





it will help big time when doing oil changes.
without it, the oil would just touch OR miss the notch area, but for sure would spill onto my brake line and harness unless holding them away.


F107S is the part number to the one i have.
has the short stem allowing the hose to connect.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #989
LS ONE
 
BLACKZQ8stepside's Avatar
 
Age: 49
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,919
Location: Rockford, Illinois
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
got the truck on stands again while waiting for the 500# QA1's.
a task with the low frame and not being able to fit a jack. (looking forward to correcting that).

in the mean time, installed this Fumoto Valve.





it will help big time when doing oil changes.
without it, the oil would just touch OR miss the notch area, but for sure would spill onto my brake line and harness unless holding them away.

Change Car Oil Quick, Clean & Easy with Fumoto Valve - YouTube

F107S is the part number to the one i have.
has the short stem allowing the hose to connect.
I have got to get me one of those
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #990
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by BLACKZQ8stepside
I have got to get me one of those
You can't go wrong with one.
They also come with a longer stub/drain and without, if you don't plan on using the hose.

I chose the short stub/drain cause I was worried it wouldn't fit hitting the frame notch area.

While under there I removed the oil filter and filled it with oil.
Something I found you have to do for first start. Going over some pre-start tips from the LS1 Tech Forum.

I'd be totally lost without this forum and LS1 Tech.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #991
art
( . Y . )
 
art's Avatar
 
Age: 34
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 840
Location: lafayette, In
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Always fill your oil filter when changing the oil
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #992
Registered User
 
Age: 41
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 248
Location: Oshawa, Ont,. Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

looks like it'll take twice as long to drain with that small hole.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #993
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by art
Always fill your oil filter when changing the oil
Never did an oil change to date but something I won't forget when I do.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #994
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by frostystones
looks like it'll take twice as long to drain with that small hole.
It'll cut the time in half for me.

Not having to clean oil off from hitting and splashing on to the harness/brake line and frame/notch.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #995
LS ONE
 
BLACKZQ8stepside's Avatar
 
Age: 49
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,919
Location: Rockford, Illinois
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by Sleeper S10
It'll cut the time in half for me.

Not having to clean oil off from hitting and splashing on to the harness/brake line and frame/notch.
Ditto
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #996
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

ive read this thing twice and love what your doin man wish i could do this to my truck but no money but keep up the good work man this is a great truck for the swap love the look of it and what you done to it!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #997
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

^

Thanks lots!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #998
Independent
 
sonomaguy's Avatar

 
Age: 53
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,915
Location: Alberta,Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

I have seen those before and thought of buying one, just a little leary of the valve opening prematurely and draining your oil.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #999
Independent
 
sonomaguy's Avatar

 
Age: 53
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,915
Location: Alberta,Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Here is your low pro jack.

http://www.calcarcover.com/product/2...le_Billet_Jack
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #1000
Mr Cheech
 
Sleeper S10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,291
Location: Toronto, Canada
User is: OffLine
Re: Sleeper S10's LSX Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by sonomaguy
I have seen those before and thought of buying one, just a little leary of the valve opening prematurely and draining your oil.
When having the thing in hand you'll see there's no way of that happening.

Thanks for the jack link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.