S-10 Forum banner

HellHound Daily LS

6K views 71 replies 18 participants last post by  AaronK 
#1 ·
Im starting out with a truck i built in the baggin section years ago.

4 banger manual trans single cab 03

Knees are going to hell, so decided on an LS with an auto should be a good fix!

Here's what i have:

LH6 all aluminum 5.3 with DOD
Car intake
Cable TB
Returnless rails
Dod delete from texas speed
Pretty aggressive cam kit from tx speed
Corvette filter/reg
Walbro 255 in tank pump

I know i need alot more, but the next purchases arent cheap!

Trans from monster trans
Front runner from vintage air
Hydroboost from hydratech Braking
Wiring, headers and radiator from CPW
Etc....

Im starting this thread now bc im gathering parts and will run into questions im sure.

How difficult is it to go to an Auto trans besides pedal delete? Will i have to change gauges?...

Thanks everyone! Time to party!

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice job on raising the bed floor. I like the cleaner look of it.

As far as changing from manual to auto you'll need to decide if you're going to convert using a floor or column shift then go from there. Floor shift gauge clusters don't use the PRDNL since its on the floor shift console. Column shifters use it on the gauge cluster. In the end though swapping the cluster isn't necessary though.

#9 ·
Thank you, sir! I wish i had the cash to dive into it this second but this is my daily driver as of now and i need to collect a few more funds for parts.

My goal is by the end of summer, so like September ish i should be able to tear into her.

#21 ·
What pan do you have for it? If you don't have a pan, you need the Holley on that truck, otherwise you are just looking for trouble. That is a super nice truck! Can't wait to see this!

#22 ·
That is the holley pan that's on it. It is beefy as hell!

The brackets are the Vintage Air Frontrunner kit with ac and power steering. Amazing fitment.

And yes, that blazer we built the chassis for is fitted with a crate 350. Sfbd on 20s and kept the back seat. Very sexy chassis we built for that one!

Thanks guys for following along and helping! Once summer is over i can put it in and play!

#24 ·
Well....

I got involved in a collision. No injuries, just sucked. Someone wasnt looking and changed lanes into us in the truck and put us in the median at 65.

So, now the truck is getting a full color change and alot of other goodies along with the LS swap! Gonna pull a good ending out of this shitty situation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.