S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally my First gen 5.3 Swap

117K views 225 replies 57 participants last post by  manbearpig 
#1 ·
well about 6 months ago I purchased a 2001 5.3 with complete harness, computer and lots of other things off craigslist. I will be installing this in my 1988 Chevy S-10 Extanded Cab Bagged on 20s. I have been finding out alof of this that havnt been covered on the forums yet and hope to post them in the thread. Its a 5.3 with LS1 intake and fuel rail runningthe truck injectors with adaptors for the injectors to work in the LS1 fuel rail/intake. I got a
4L60e 2wd Auto Transmission. Purchased 10" dual elec. fans, 4.3 first gen radiator, LS3 oil pan, pickup tube, gasket and dipstick. LS3 water pump, LS3 tensioner with truck pulley, Relocated tje idler pulley. I am sure there are more things. I will be updating this alot now for the pics.

#8 ·
everything is going pretty well, I used your pictures when I cut the bracket and the idler pulley worked out prefect. Ishould have the water pump next week and the tensior should be here this week. so far the only issue was the truck injectors into the LS1 intake/fuel rail but I order the adaptors today.
I am sure a few more issue will arrive once I start in on the harness and what not, like trying to get all factory gauges to work and use the existing column shifter.
Thanks again for all your help, I sure we will be talking again.

#23 ·
Really nice build man. I just finished a 1st gen build. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

#25 ·
more progress pics from this weekend. I got pretty much all the motor together with all
accessories (LS3 water pump and tensioner w/ truck pulley, LS3 Oil pan, LS1 intake and fuel rail, truck injectors with adaptors, Modified alt. bracket for idler pulley, going to use stock 2.8 power steering) I am looking for a stock a/c compressor and bracket for the motor. I got the frame notched for a/c compressor and crossmember cut for oil pan. Have some cleaning up to still do on the frame since i bagged it 8 years ago.
Order the frame motor mounts from CPW and had the motor mounts cut out and welded up by Laodies kustomz.

here are the pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.