S-10 Forum banner

Do A Swap for Me for $$$

898 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Iroc-10 
#1 ·
Going to make this as simple as possible. I want a LSX in a S-10 or even a LQ4 or LQ9. And I'm willing to pay someone who has done it before good money to build one for me. I live in Seattle, WA and have called some trusty mechanics and no one knows who would do a build like that for me. I'm always peeking on these forums looking at your guy's rides. They are awesome I know some of you enjoy the building process and have experience I do not that I am willing to pay for. There are 2 S-10's with V8's in my area for sale a 1991 for $5,000 unknown V8 hasn't reached back and a 2001 LQ9 for $10,000.

If you are not in WA no problem I'm willing to do stuff site unseen

Before I talk about price is anyone willing to work with someone they don't know to do a build like this for? I would want to keep the conversations and parts that are bought on this forum so other people can see and let me know if short cuts were taken in the build. This is probably a little weird but could be fun:grin:

#4 ·
I've done one before and now I'm upgrading the entire truck. I am a long way from you though. North Alabama just a FYI but I can get help get parts together and install.

#5 ·
That LQ9 truck a red Blazer? If so its probably moon509's and for $10K you're getting a lot of truck. You'd be in for as much money and most likely more if you started from scratch.

#6 ·
That's gonna be a tough one. You don't necessarily need to find somebody that's done one of those swaps but they need to be somewhat skilled at problem solving and figuring out solutions. Anybody can do it but not everyone can do a nice clean install or might not even give a shit enough and just take your money. So if you do find the right guy then cost comes into play. Parts that's the easy part. Labor should be something you both feel good about so I'd suggest a flat bid. There's no labor guide on it I'd throw a number at you say like 5k I'd feel it's worth my time and you would take it or leave it. Then add parts and that one for 10k might not look so bad.

#8 ·
I'd do this in a flash if I wasn't on assignment.
I would work up a cost menu first so there would be no surprises.
There are so many swap parts out there, even complete kits, it would not be a crazy fab ordeal.
You can even order options like a factory fresh buy....

Pick your vehicle and options first, then your power train, then assembly. Ha.

One point:
As was mentioned earlier, it would be less expensive to buy a truck that has already been completed.

#9 ·
It really would be cheaper to buy a done truck as said. I know, everyone thinks building one can be done on a budget, but the reality hits, and you end up with a lot of $ in a truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.