S-10 Forum banner

99 s10 lq4/t56 swap steering column problem

935 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kory 88Iroc Lt1 
#1 ·
I have just about finished up the most lengthy ls swap in history lol. My truck started out as a 2.2 auto. I have a cpw harness and swapped to a manual column. I used hp tuners to turn off vats. The truck runs. when I turn it off I have to use a small screw driver to push a button inside the column to remove the key. When the key is remove I still have a charging light illuminated as well as an abs light. When I put the column in the truck I used the trucks original lock cylinder so I could keep one key. I have since found out that there are two different part numbers for auto and manual columns. Would the wrong cylinder possibly cause the problem removing the key? Could a worn out cylinder cause the dash lights to stay illuminated with the key removed?
any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kory

#2 ·
Just to be clear, you swapped the column at the same time you did the swap, or after? I am just trying to figure out, did this just happen after you swapped the column, or has this always been the case, since it was all done at once?

#3 ·
Everything at the same time more or less. I've been working on this truck on and off for about 6 years. I was almost at this point a little over a year ago. Then the motor broke a connecting rod.

#4 ·
Did you remove the ignition from the column. There us a white geared wheel that has to be lined up. Wondering if its not aligned because you should be able to pull the key out. There is a two wire connector that also has to be connected. I think its grn/wht and black. It is part of the column lock portion.

#5 ·
The white wheel is lined up. I'll check on the connector. Would the correct connector be there on a harness that was originally an auto column?
Thanks,
Kory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.