S-10 Forum banner

4.3 compressor bracket

16K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  calebmcclellan 
#1 ·
So my buddy that tuned my blazer has been talkin a while and gettin parts together to swap his s10 and he has already made his own accessory brackets for alternator and powersteering and i mentioned making a bracket to use the stock 4.3 compressor and original lines and this is what he came up with.

these are the brackets he already has done. uses a jeep powersteering pump that requires a remote resevior. this 5.3 is obivously in a jeep xj but the brackets will clear in a s10

this is the compressor mount. there will be a block that goes between the 2 plates and replaces the spacer that the compressor mount will bolt to.

he was thinking of selling these if theres enough interest in them. there isnt a final product yet so i dont know when we can have one ready or what the price will be. we can also powdercoat them in any color that you want. so if we were to offer to make these how many of you guys would be interested in one?

See less See more
#33 ·
In for updates, be nice to reuse my relatively new compressor.

#34 ·
If your buddy is serious about making these I might be able to help out. Between the waterjet and press brake I figure you could make one of those pretty easy with less material and pieces, with a little millwork to finish...

Plus I think that's the same buddy who does your tuning right? I need some of that lol

#36 ·
Alright. Talks to my buddy again keep in mind he's just building his for himself and I'm the one pushing him to get it done and make more for other people to use. So he's got got the bracket done and cut out as seen in the last pics. All he needs to do is fit it in the jeep since its all we have available with his bracket setup on right now and get the belt alignment perfected and the 2 bolt holes to fasten the compressor bracket to the spacer drilled out.

What I need to know is how many people are seriously interested in getting one. If I can get a few guys committed to one I can get serious about this and start getting some done.

If I can't get a few commitments then it won't be worth it and he will use the one bracket on his truck and it'll be done and that's it. We're not tryin to make a killing on selling these brackets just figured I'd share it with the lsx s10 community to give everyone else another option to make these swaps a little easier.

Let me know you're feedback guys. Thanks

#40 ·
Went ahead and pulled his engine out of the truck so he could get the bracket test fit. He is going to change it a little and cut down the spacers for the whole setup to line up with a f body balancer. So once it is all done you can use these brackets with the stock 4.3 compressor and lines, won't have to do any notches or recess the radiator forward into the core support. The compressor pulley clears the hood by 2" and the top of the lines is about 1.5" and he still has 1/2" that the compressor can be lowered in the bracket if need be. It's going to need a small notch on the bottom to clear the valve cover.

#49 ·
Any ideas on pricing yet? Looks like price could get pretty high really quick. Great solution though, im watching closely! I had a very similar idea, but instead of using the milled piece having the front and rear plate come up higher and having 2 3/4" thick rails run back that are notched to bolt between the plates similar to how you mounted yours that the compressor would bolt to .

Mark

#54 ·
It's still coming he's been busy with other stuff. he cut out another compressor bracket with all the changes made just have to get it on and make it all final and cast the bracket. Night be a while. He just ordered a bunch of stainless to build his turbo headers. I'll be back down at the shop soon to get my other PCM and trans. I'll let you know more what's goin on then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.