will not deal with sd again - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

will not deal with sd again

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Sponsor Forums > Suicide Doors
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
will not deal with sd again

on the 16 of april i made an order for art shock relocators with two studs, so after a week i just recived something on the mail but it wasnt the art it was only the studs, now thats fine but the part tha really pissed me off is the fact that SD didnt have the common courtesy to notify by email or call and tell me that they wont ship them yet or that they dont have then or whatever instead they wrote on my reciept will ship from factory in a week written in pen!!! so i still have my truck apart in the garage because i was expecting my parts but didnt know that they were not coming, so for this thanx SD but i wont deal with you again.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
NO REGRETS

Re: will not deal with sd again

I read that as it's getting drop shipped directly from ART. Alot of places do that. I'd rather have that note than nothing, which is what you get most of the time

If that makes you not wanna order from them, you prolly shouldnt order from most online stores
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Its called LEAN Manufacturing. A lot of companies do this in order to avoid keeping extra inventory on hand that they do not sell a lot of. They do this so they don't have to pay taxes on the inventory.

This is common practice. Summit Racing does this as well on the less common parts they sell. AND THEY ARE A LARGE COMPANY. Suicide is a small company, so for them to pay taxes on their inventory, really hits them in the pocket book.

Sorry you feel that way about Suicide bro, but since the economic slump in 08, pretty much all companies do this.

I work for a Supplier for Ford & GM transmission parts. And even though we are working like crazy, we follow this way of working as well. We only build what is needed, when its needed.

Suicide does the same thing.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

i have order from manny places before never had tjis problem and the thing is not the note is the fact that i didnt get informed about the parts being shipped from ART. like i said i pulled my truck apart kmowig the fact i was getting my parts today just to find out that i didnt, i dont care waiting all i want is to be informed
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

i get this like i said all i want is for SD or anyother company to let the customer know whats going on
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by a4tek
i get this like i said all i want is for SD or anyother company to let the customer know whats going on
they let you know by writting it on the reciept. and atleast they wrote that on there.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
4 bangin and love it

that's all well and good, but if you get something back ordered from jegs or summit, do they call you? no. they send you the rest of your parts with a note on the invoice saying back ordered.

SD is a great company to deal with, but they are only a few people trying to serve a large majority or the minitruck community in the states, and possibly intnt'l as well. so take a chill pill bro, you'll get your parts.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #8

so you're mad because it was written in pen? wtf is wrong with that.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Finally Bagged!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by badmofo529
so you're mad because it was written in pen? wtf is wrong with that.
He apparently wants Ricky to call everyone with backordered parts and let them know their going to be shipped seperately... problem is there's no telling how many orders runs into this... therefore instead of doing something else a little more productive, OP is wanting him to take the time out of his day to do that... and since he doesn't he's not buying from them again...

OP-I actually understand being a little put out that you didn't know until you received the hardware in the mail... but i think you're being a little extreme to the fact..

I'll vouch for SD which I'm sure a large majority of the rest of this forum will too because Ricky has bent over backwards on a few occasions from me and a couple of those times have been for something i'm not even paying over $20 for... Good Corporation (haha!)...
Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
NO REGRETS

also, i know its more convienent to order parts online.....since its usually done after hours, but if you wouldve called, i can almost guarantee ricky wouldve told you when you ordered that it would be that way.

ive called to order stuff from them before and have been told it would be coming directly from the manufacturer, and the time frame it would take.

like i said before, be glad he wrote you a note to let you know what the deal was. ive ordered stuff from random online sites before and never heard anything about my order, and never got any returned emails or anything. ive had to file paypal claims to get money back.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
I own <several ties>

I hear what you're saying, I also agree with what most are saying here though.

PS, you're barking up the wrong tree down talking SD, lol. Just stating a fact.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #12

I can see why your upset. But to not order from a company because you jumped the gun and tore your ride down before you got the parts in? That's just bad planning on your part.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #13
Ridin' on Twankies

I agree with the op somewhat..

Whenever someone orders something online, you expect it to be simple, put the parts in a box, and ship them... Not order something,wait a week, get half the order, then wait another damn week to get the rest of your order... In that 2-3 week time period, you probably could have ordered the parts elsewhere and had them all in hand by now...

But I know sd is very commonly bandwagoned by everyone on this forum, they are known for quality parts and reliable service. Even knowing they are busy as hell I've called and talked to Ricky about random stuff and he knows his stuff!

This is why I always call to ask places if they have the parts on hand, I hAte waiting on parts for more than a week. Haha
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #14
SMURF

Hell I waited for 4 weeks for parts on back order from them. And I had something similar written on my receipt. No big deal. Patience is a virtue my friend. Look at it as you will get it done. But you don't need shocks to roll around for a short time.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #15
No longer a pizza tech.

I wouldn't really expect SD to stock ART parts. Just saying.

It's better to call the smaller companies to get the scoop on your parts. I've dealt directly with both Ricky and Jason on multiple occasions and both are SUPER great guys to deal with, and they are absolutely swamped right now. I waited 4 months to get my control arms from them, and i wouldn't want any other arms on my truck.

I bet 4/5 companies that sell the ART shock relocators drop ship anyways, so it's not like you would have gotten them any faster from anyone else.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #16
Blazin on 8!

I have loved and hated SD.com... They make the best parts from my experience. But seriously, I ordered 3" bushings. It took over a MONTH AND A HALF to get them. THEY MAKE THESE!!!! They weren't back-ordered, they just took over a MONTH to cut and smooth a freaking tube. After that experience, I won't order from them if the time frame is important AT ALL. I plan on ordering some suicide hinges from them, but time isn't critical. This extremely long lag time has happened time and time again with them. I agree, calling is the best option to order. I'm still cautious, though.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #17

i thank everyones opinion on this matter all i was asking from them is communication now on part of the planning yes it was poor next time i will call but also i took my truck apart because they sent me a tracking number so i knew when the parts were coming in but i didnt know i was only get the stud so on that matter i plannes according to that, but anyhow it is what it is all i can do is wait for the parts to get here
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #18

I know I've learned, and it sound's like you have, never pull your truck apart until you have everything in hand!

You probably wouldn't be so salty if your truck wasen't torn apart, yeah, yeah?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
Been around the block

Quote: Originally Posted by monkeytruckin
..........you jumped the gun and tore your ride down before you got the parts in? That's just bad planning on your part.
What he said!!
You've been a member here since '04, and you've never heard about SD shipping delays!!?? You really should sign-on more often.

Not hatin', just sayin'......
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #20
http://www.vicbaggers.com

I'm sorry you fell that way Juan. The shock relocators were drop shipped on the 17th & shipped from Ridetech on the 19th. Now there may have been a delay on their part (manufacturing, powder coat, etc..) but it did ship & I emailed the trackin # to you as soon as I recieved it.

Here it is again, incase you never got it.

142798115177513 www.fedex.com

Again I'm sorry your unhappy & to hear we've lost your business.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
1st Gen Crew Cab Cult

so when you go to walmart and they sold out of your (panties) do you go looking for them at another location or say you will never shop there again?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!

dude, you just got RICKYS autograph!!!!! that right there makes it all worth it. you can still drive yer truck w/out the shocks until they come in man. it may not have been dealt w/ the way you have been accustomed to but its been dealt with the best way they do business, the fastest way to the customer. i mean, YOU GOT RICKYS AUTOGRAPH!!!!!. businesses dont get much more "personal" then that, imo
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #23
static is where its at

lol just order them from ART i did and got them in like 3 days

Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
Short Bus Anonymous

Quote: Originally Posted by layNrkr
so when you go to walmart and they sold out of your (panties) do you go looking for them at another location or say you will never shop there again?
wow your so funny.

He ordered parts that he thought they had in stock. I would be upset to if it didn't come with my original order or I wasn't give some sort of notification when I ordered them that they would be drop shipped. Why does he need to call to get the scoop on what parts are in stock or not when they have a website?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
NO REGRETS

It says they were shipped from art 3 days after he placed the order. That's normal shipping delay for the company to process the order. They'll be there tomorrow, 2 days later than the package from SD.

Jumped the gun a bit, eh?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
http://www.vicbaggers.com

BTW, thank you for all the kind words fellas.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
Low N Slow

Yea I would definitely phone orders in. I just called in an order and spoke to Ricky and it was a smooth easy transaction. He told me what parts were gonna be drop shipped with out me asking. I'm sure I would of gotten the same autograph if I would of ordered online. Anyhow hope you get your parts and your truck goin soon.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #28

Quote: Originally Posted by Slappy McNasty
dude, you just got RICKYS autograph!!!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
run and tell that

So is Ricky running Suicidedoors now, and Jason (and his brothers) split off and are doing Thorbecke Bros.? Sorry, I have been out of the air ride game for several years now.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #30
Upgraded to Mazdas

God forbid UPS take a couple days too long. Prolly woulda called in a missle strike or somethin.

But i love getting mad about stupid shit too. Like wtf ricky. This makes me wanna yell!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Drop shippedddd!!! I dont even know what that means but it sounds baddd!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #31

this guy juan needs to be kicked in the dick.
if i was ricky or jason i would cancel the mofo's order and give him his money back and tell him to order from somewhere else then.
dude needs to chill out.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
I AM A LUNATIC!

Quote: Originally Posted by tyler_calloway
this guy juan needs to be kicked in the dick.
if i was ricky or jason i would cancel the mofo's order and give him his money back and tell him to order from somewhere else then.
dude needs to chill out.
Nah, we are not wired like that. We will bend over backwards to make the most angriest and meanest person happy. We love everybody.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #33
92 Longbed

^ i vote for the kick in the dick haha.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #34
Registered Asshole

Quote: Originally Posted by longest13
^ i vote for the kick in the dick haha.
X2
Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #35
Its that dam ADD!

glad you wont order from them again, leaves more time and energy to help me, an appreciative customer!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #36
The other "BODY" man

Now....

I wouldn't crawl through a ditch of broken glass,, just to suck the dick that fucked her....

but, I'm from Canada, and I've waited on SD stuff before,,,, and it's worth it.

Welcome to the "custom" world. Custom takes time, patience and especially BEER!

I'll have one for ya Ricky!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
Finally Bagged!!!

this reminds me of the little old ladies you see in McDonalds hunting something to bitch about so they can get shit for free because their cheap ass bitches... makes me want to cunt punch one with a pair of 6 inch spiked brass knuckles...

if you truly have a bad experience with someone then share it... but also you should be open for them to try and make it up to you... and SD is a great company as far as making things right...
Old 08-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #38
S-less

wow
Old 08-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #39
I SHIT BRICKS

loved ordering from sd. but i probibly will stop ordering from them. i had a set of bungs n bushings for square tube ordered. talked to ricky beforehand told me they would be able to ship within a week....1 month later they finally shipped.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
Short Bus Anonymous

A lot of damn SD leg humpers in here. This thread is from April so hopefully its been taken care of. He had a problem with them and posted it, isn't that whats the forum is for too? But I don't see the problem with what he was asking. He order parts and was expecting them to get there all at the same time as they probably said they were in stock on their website. If you look around there is plenty of threads about people asking where their parts are or no notifications/updates on parts they ordered. Their customer service/notifying customers has gone done hill. Wait on custom parts? There was a thread that got deleted I guess less then a month ago about a guy still waiting for a bolt on backhalf from 2010 I believe it was. And not to mention the wait on control arms and such when they say you get them in X amount of time and its really XX. When their losing business/not looking out for the customer because they can't get parts out in a timely manner or don't inform people of whats going on or delayed parts than something should be done.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #41
I AM A LUNATIC!

We are doing the best we can without sacrificing the awesome quality that we are known for. We are swamped and understaffed. I guess we could hire more people if we jacked our prices through the roof, but we are still trying to make this hobby affordable. If you've had to wait on a part longer than expected or were told, blame me, Jason Thorbecke. I'm doing the best I can with the amount of hours that a day lets me work without falling over dead. If your not a fan of my products, service etc, I apologize for failing in your eyes. Time to move on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.