S-10 Forum banner

frame motor mount ?

954 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  joedoh 
#1 ·
anybody sell the frame half of the 4.3 motor mount?

want to drop a 4.3 into my 88 that has the 2.8 .

#7 ·
no one sells the clamshell style frame side except the salvage yard. I may have a pair, I parted a couple 4.3 s10s last year, but you can find them easily enough at the local salvage yard. they are cast pieces and so the only difference between new and used will be the condition of the paint.

you are in for a fun time pulling the original 2.8 mounts, the nuts are not "captured" like they are on the later trucks, so you have to finagle a wrench up in the frame to hold the nut while you pull the bolts. I have heard you can cut an access hole on the passenger side (there is one on the drivers side) but I got aggravated last time and just used a cutoff wheel to zip the bolt heads off. I was moving the engine back 7 inches so I didnt need to get up in there to tighten another mount.

the ones rhotpursuit might be talking about are the more common v8 mounts (fits the same on a 4.3) that are not clamshell type. You can even get an engine side mount that will work with your 2.8 frame side mounts. do some research online FIRST though, there are two heights of the mounts and you will need to make sure and get the right height.

#9 ·
ok, then the mount you are describing, according to rockauto, looks like this

and does not come from rock auto with this frame side piece, shown in my white blazer while swapping 4.3s,

which is required to use those mounts. these are the parts the OP is looking for.

there are other V8 style mounts that will bolt to the 4.3 and are not clamshell type. when you said they came complete thats what I thought you had ordered, my mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.