hinge pin/bushing replacement - S-10 Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-17-2004, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Blown ex ***

hinge pin/bushing replacement

i did mine yesterday. a while back i tried doing it with the lower pin still in, but the top hinge would not move apart far enough to get the bushings out. so the door needed to be seperated from the body. as you probably know, a door is not light, or easy to handle. so i made a jig to hold the door. it worked VERY well. so if you have no one to help you, this is the way to do it. if you have help, a floor jack w/rags and 2 buddies could work ok.

so, build a jig like this, pic 1 . then remove the little washers that hold the pin on. i used a door spring tool for the spring, i didn't want to pry it out and damage the paint. then hammer the pins out. then get the bushings out, pliers and a very sharp screwdriver are what i used. move the door away from the body.

i used pliers & hammer/punch to put the new bushings in. make sure you note how they came out & put the right one in the right place. there are 2 different bushings, test them on the pin first.
move the door back into place. hammer the pins in. replace the retaining washers. put the spring back in.
oil them up and your done.

its not as hard as it sounds.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door hinges.jpg
Views:	2967
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	51167  

97, VORTECH V2 SQ / PowerStroke FMIC @14 psi, A4, 3.08
a broken down 13.88 @ 96.65
now with, 2114, 270ahr, ported heads, 1 5/8 L/T's & true duals, TunerCat, LC1 & XD-16, 3:73 Z/T
My Truck...
video = http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55517765935057
95 x-cab, silver, tint, 4.3cpi, a4, 3/4

EDELBROCK TES & 3 1/2" exhaust for sale. PM me

Last edited by Jess; 03-20-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page