QA1 rear shock / coilover info - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

QA1 rear shock / coilover info

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Steering & General Suspension
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
\X/

QA1 rear shock / coilover info

I to put some QA1 double adjustable stocker star shocks on the back of my truck. My truck is dropped 3" with Belltech leaf, so the shock needed to be shorter than stock. QA1 does not make a direct bolt on shock or coilover for the rear of our trucks, so I had to improvise.

The shock I decided on is 12.25-19.00 and came with a stud top and eyelet bottom. S-10's use the T-Bar setup for the top, so it is necessary to convert to eyelet or loop top first, then use the T-Bar kit. When measuring for the T-Bar don't make the mistake I did and measure the distance between the holes (3"), because the 3" T-bar is only 3" long .

Now that the top half is taken care of, the bottom is not a direct fit either. The shock comes with a 5/8" bushing and two metal sleeve inserts to adapt it to 1/2" or 7/16". The problem is that the shock bolt is 9/16" (actually it's probably metric but 9/16" is as close as I'm going to get). Of course QA1 sells a sleeve kit with different sizes but it's only for a 3/4" bushing, so the lower bushing needs to be changed over as well. You could also use a different lower shock bolt; but I chose the bolt on method. QA1 sells lower shock bolt kits but that was like opening up another can of worms.

The process for coilovers should be somewhat the same. Keep in mind that QA1 sells mostly everything individually and not as a pair.

Part #'s:
SHOCK (3-inch drop)
Double adjustable - DTC2501P
Single adjustable -TC2501P
Loop top kit - SS300LT
T-Bar kit - BAR350K
BOTTOM
Sleeve kit - SLV750
3/4" Bushing - 9032-102

Lastly I must say that I do not have these shocks on my truck yet; I am waiting on the correct T-Bar kit, sleeve kit and bushing.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
s-series #2?

User is: OffLine
Re: QA1 rear shock / coilover info

pics?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
\X/

Not yet... just put them on today
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #4

Pic's please, How low is your frame from the ground with this setup?
Old 06-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #5

has anyone ever installed rear coilover's? I haven't seen any if so let's see them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.