The Family Dragger - Page 9 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

The Family Dragger

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Bodydroppin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #401
Deadlines are Overrated

User is: OffLine
Re: The Family Dragger

Just when things click alittle, you get humbled and put back into place.

Hung the new driver door, swung it closed and latched like it was brand new. Score one for me.

I Got cocky, cause the driver door took literally 20min and thought might as well throw the motor in and see how much it sticks above the hood. It was literally an inch from lining up the motor mounts when the stupid EGR valve hit the wiper motor and the fuel line hit the firewall. So I had to pull the motor and tranny back out and I'll try again weds. Since there's no way I'm ditching the wipers I guess the EGR's goin bye bye and I'll have to swap over to the cavi intake and see how that fits.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #402
GETTING V8'ED

wipers are overrated. Rain-x for the win lol
Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #403

I need wipers.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #404
Deadlines are Overrated

I'd like to have them. It's rare if it'll get driven in the rain, but I like to have them incase it's out and a storm rolls in while at a show.

Hopefully(fingers crossed), after work this morning I'll have the EGR off, the intake manifold off, and the motor sitting in the truck. I have alittle more trimming to do on the firewall but not much.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #405
Deadlines are Overrated

that was a pain in the ass

I have to figure out a better way of hooking onto that back mount cause as you can see i have to readjust and run the chain through the cowl because the chain was hitting the front of the cowl. That may work now for mock up but not when it's painted. I think my only option is to make my own bracket off the back of the motor that comes forward about 3". not too sure right now.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #406
banana

that's a new wiper motor too! looking good mikey, it's crazy how much the engine sticks up haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.