The Family Dragger - Page 20 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

The Family Dragger

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Bodydroppin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #951

User is: OffLine
Re: The Family Dragger

That Shit Is So messy, But I Love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #952
Deadlines are Overrated

it's rediculously messy. my jeans are crunchy cause i had to do the underside laying on a creeper.

but here's some pics of the frame primed and painted as of this morning before the rain ended my fun.

Almost forgot the shocks.....that would have been bad.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #953
No Money Noma

Haha that would have been bad if you were looking out for shocks on my truck and forgot to put them on yours! Its looking good though. I just realized you've come a long way in the past few months. I wish I was making this much headway on my truck.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #954
Deadlines are Overrated

Quote: Originally Posted by Laydout'noma
Haha that would have been bad if you were looking out for shocks on my truck and forgot to put them on yours! Its looking good though. I just realized you've come a long way in the past few months. I wish I was making this much headway on my truck.
yeah, that could have been alittle embarassing. i kinda wanted to put them on the link bars....but just couldn't figure out a setup i liked, or that wasn't on the side of a bar. the short notch i made didn't help either. this was kind of a cop out. oh well.

i've just tried to make steady progress on it every week. even if it's only 1 day a week, i wanted something worked on. building a truck is partially mental too, if you want to work on it, you'll find the time to. if not, it'll sit and the person will get rid of it. free time became alittle easier now that my son started full day school. so my off day during the week gave me a solid 5 hours to tinker. i've only got a few more things to do and i can put the cab back on. with all the rain we've had in the last 2 days it reminded me to check for any wiper cowl/firewall leaks after the raptor liner and i didn't a single one so i was happy about that.

thanks for the kind words too.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #955
Deadlines are Overrated

figured i'd throw up some updates

i started swapping the '95 harness into the back of the '03 dash. right now i'm in the process of figuring out what wires to splice into the newer style plugs to get everthing to work. I've figured out a bunch, but there's alot i'm clueless on.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #956
No Money Noma

Wow! Looks soo cool man! I'm glad you updated this. Always look forward to seeing this one.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #957

Go Go Go. Beat the snow brother.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #958
Deadlines are Overrated

laid the engine harness in. and started plugging things in to double check all the plugs will reach. eventually i'll replace all the old rusty hardware with stainless allen heads but for now it'll be fine.

i started figuring out brake lines and fuel lines too. probably order them after the holidays.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #959

Seeing this is giving me the motivation to get my dime out of storage in Long Island and bring it to the new home in Queens. Was going to wait until after winter but i've been saying that for 3 years.. Just booked a Uhaul truck and trailer for this weekend... lol time to catch up..
Old 12-08-2015, 02:09 AM   #960
GETTING V8'ED

love the progress
Old 12-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #961
Deadlines are Overrated

Really hate wiring right now!!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #962

Pm me if you need anything. My tip is to unbundle the harness and see what can stretch where before you go cutting and lengthening wires. I just did my v6 and my buddy just did his 4 banger. Mounted my fuseblock behind glovebox so I can open it up for full access. You keeping acbox behind the dash?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #963
Deadlines are Overrated

Quote: Originally Posted by nfamus10
Pm me if you need anything. My tip is to unbundle the harness and see what can stretch where before you go cutting and lengthening wires. I just did my v6 and my buddy just did his 4 banger. Mounted my fuseblock behind glovebox so I can open it up for full access. You keeping acbox behind the dash?
i wish it was that easy. i'm in the process of switching the '95 harness plugs to the '03 style so i can make the '03 instruments and switches work. I got the HVAC stuff already soldered in cause all those wires' colors matched right up. But the wiring for the headlights and the gauges are completely different. I'm not trying for EVERYTHING to work, but i'd like the essentials to function properly. i was never good at figuring out a wiring diagram, so this is really testing my abilities and more my patience.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #964

Nightmare. Haha. My buddy is a wizard with wiring. Shoot me any questions if you get completely stuck.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #965

always liked crew cab s10s layed out.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #966
Deadlines are Overrated

bolted the gas tank in last night. Ordered the EGR blockoff plate from DTS. still working on the wiring stuff but it's getting closer. i think tomorrow i'm going to work on redoing the frame horns. I've got the parts lists for fuel lines and brake lines written out and will probably order everything after the new year. slowly coming together!!!

Old 12-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #967

Outdoor build. FTW. Tank mount looks real clean. Treat yourself and buy a good brake flare tool. 250ish one that mounts to vice with long handle.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #968

Love the build!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #969
i don't like people

guess i should have have been on this site a bit more to see all the progress, frame looks awesome man good looks on all the progress!
Old 01-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #970
Deadlines are Overrated

so i finally got all my fuel stuff.....and we get 30" of snow dumped on us. and ofcourse it's on my weekend off. hopefully i can get it thawed out and get a few things done this coming weekend.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #971
Deadlines are Overrated

fuel lines.........done.

i got monday off, so i plan on attacking the rear brake swap and mounting the radiator.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #972

Quote: Originally Posted by wirrrey21
fuel lines.........done.

i got monday off, so i plan on attacking the rear brake swap and mounting the radiator.
If possible id love to get some help with what parts you used etc... I'd like to do the same thing to my daily but i don't know which ones to use!
love the build though. Looks great!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #973
Deadlines are Overrated

Quote: Originally Posted by Panek33
If possible id love to get some help with what parts you used etc... I'd like to do the same thing to my daily but i don't know which ones to use!
love the build though. Looks great!
sure, np. but you gotta give me alittle more info than that to work with.

i cut the ends off my supply and return on the pump and re-flared them to work with AN fittings. I ran 2 ft. of nylon braided line into aluminum hardline. Ran the aluminum line to the front of the truck and switched back to 2.5 ft of nylon braided line. depending on your motor will vary how you connect to the fuel rail. what motor are you running?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #974
Deadlines are Overrated

i copied the way Mhilt's connected to his fuel rail because we both did the cavalier intake manifold swap.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #975

Quote: Originally Posted by wirrrey21
i copied the way Mhilt's connected to his fuel rail because we both did the cavalier intake manifold swap.
Meant to say the rear brake swap... sorry! working with a 2000 s10 xtreme with a 4.3,
Old 02-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #976
Deadlines are Overrated

Getting there.....

Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #977
Deadlines are Overrated

Panek, as of right now, all the brake stuff i have is from a 2000 blazer. i still need to get the spacer made. but i'll try to make a list of everything as i assemble it hopefully in the next couple weeks. Sat. night i'm sand blasting everything so monday will start mock up.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #978
No Money Noma

Right on she's coming together nicely! Keep it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:
How did you hear about us?
Enter a URL or Site name of who refered you to this site. (required. Only admins can see this)
State
Please enter your two letter state name to help other users and clubs find local users to them.(required)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.