S-10 Forum banner

The Burrito

38K views 305 replies 51 participants last post by  Retro Ten 
#1 ·
My 95 s10 "The Buritto"

Story behind the name.. I’ve had 2 other minis and both where s10s after i sold the last one i said my next truck will be a Tacoma.. But finding a taco in my budget was hard. I came across this s10 n i couldn’t pass the deal up.. Its like i was craving tacos but instead i got another Burrito

When i got the truck it was just the frame cab and bed. It had a 3/4 frame, parallel 4 link, smoothie front bumper, 17/18 kmc stealths, 98 blazer rearend and came with a full flame tweed interior. I sold of the wheels, interior and the bed and a few other unneeded parts

So far ive added an underslung section that will serve purpose as my tailpipes and bracing for my hitch. Finished off what little frame work that it needed. Added a set of MMW control arms, mouted my airtanks and mounts for the fuel cell. Mounted my motor n trans and bout to start the new floor n firewall

Suspension:
MMW control arms
2500s
Parallel 4link
2600s
6-3/8 valves
2-3gallon tanks
2- viair 444s
stainless line

Body:
shaved everything
phantom grill
88-98 fullsize bumper
stepside bed
Maybe a wood bed floor
Not sure on paint yet

not 100% sure on what ill do on the interior yet

Motor n trans are gonna be a 5.3 with a 4l60e.. minor work on the motor cam, heads and bolt ons and a nice tune.. and the trans will be built to take what ever i can throw at it

I dont allways get a chance to post pics on here but i post a shit ton on IG just serch for pinchewill or #burritos10

when i brought her home

[URL="http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/dimedragger/media/IMG_0293.jpg.html"]

[/URL]

started taking her apart

See less See more
#5 ·
very nice build.

the only thing i would question is those lower link bars. with the bag mounted like that it is going to kill bushing quickly. you may want to think about making some solid bushing. brass or something a long those lines

#8 ·
looks fantastic! I agree with bdydrp18... the force of the bag lifting will probably ttry to twist the longside of the link bar a bit.

Do you have any more pics of the backhalf? I really like it man

#13 ·
I usually am not a fan of wild backhalves, but yours looks really tough. I dig it man. It looks very well thought out.

Truck will be bitchin when you get it together.

#14 ·
Thanks man, only thing I can really take props for on the frame is the underslung and boxing in the frame horns n rear body mounts lol.. I can't wait to get her on the road.. So much left to do. The money just doesn't come fast enough. I'd be further along if it wasn't for me wanting to do the damn Los swap

#15 ·
looks sick bro. that old interior was sick as well. keep up the awesome work

#19 ·
i'm not really sure if you will need to worry about it too much being that the bags are centered on the front bushings. it may just be something to keep an eye on just to be sure.

trucks looks really good tho, like the idea with the exhaust

#22 ·
Everything looks clean and simple. Looks good. Keep it up. Does the exhaust run through the frame? Or did i miss something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.