S-10 Forum banner

Bodydropping my ex cab

6K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  xmb63 
#1 ·
I might as well start a thread here everybody likes pictures of trucks getting cut up.
Here is the truck after I got it bagged I drove it around like this for the summer until the motor started giving me problems. Then I figured its time to body drop it and throw a 350 in there.

The cabs dropped I slid it back 3/4" to center the wheels and angled the fillers. The seat pans are also dropped to get back some head room. I will be using integra buckets the mounting for the seat rails are flat so this will make mounting them much easier.

I had to swap out the upper control arms to a set of SD arms I got in a trade. The stock pie cut upper were hitting the exhaust manifold and steering shaft layed out.

The motor is about ready to come out.

Here is how it sits.

See less See more
#8 ·
I dropped the frame horns an 1/8" more than the cab so if I need to shim it to get everything to line up I can. I didn't have heat in the first gen, I hated that. The windows would fog up I carried a towel with me to wipe the fog off. Everything I build from now on I'm gonna keep the climate control stuff.

#18 ·
I have gotten a decent amount of work done on this the past week. All the accessories are on the motor ,I have gotten a belt for them but took the picture before I put it on. I got the drivers side exhaust done I still need to finish up the passenger side. I'm hoping by next weekend to at least hear the motor run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.