body drop price ? - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

body drop price ?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Bodydroppin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #51

User is: OffLine
Re: body drop price ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Slammy
LMFAO!!! hahaha thats great. Its the ole classic "too many chiefs and not enough idians" scenario. In a couple of years, you "having shops build your trucks is for fakes" type of guys will wonder why after years of hardwork, learning how to build shit and buying thousands of dollars worth of tools cant make any money doing the work you love so much. You will only be able to blame yourselves.

Also if you are so desperate to work for nothing maybe they need to start an auction section on here. In this auction, a guy puts up a pic of his vehicle and what he wants done and then the "fabricators" can bid on it. Oh and the bidding goes down not up. That way the guy that wants cheap work can get it and the guys that like doing charity work can get theirs too!! I should open a site like that!! hahaha

Oh and when you go to sell that truck you are so proud of that you built yourself and only get offered half of what you wanted, remember your preaching of "Built not bought" cause buying a built truck is "not real minitruckin". phhffff kids these days..

wow man, chill the f*** out, you need some pills or somethin, calm down and let people do wat they want to there own trucks, who made you the judge to decide who is a real mini trucker or not, not god, not ur mom, not me, not us "minitruckers", who? noone, you need to chill out, and let the man do wat he wants to his own truck, build ur truck and he will build his,
thank you,thats all, lol, and yea, i agree, 3500 just for the cab is a bunch of b.s., my buddies shop out here will do it for 3800 for the whole truck and all, he bd'd the blue toy that was on the cover of mintruckin like 1 month ago or wenever, blue with scallops and flames in the middle? anyone member? btw, i would give my life for that truck, lol, sexy as hell.
more power to you man, shop it or do it urself, ur truck, noone has the right to tell you wat or who or anything about ur truck, thats y its called "your truck"
Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #52

Well if you do bodywork, weld, and can buy another cab to **** up on, then what the **** are you doing still talking about it, just do it already. Sounds to me like if you really thought you could do it yourself you wouldent be asking any shops how much money it would cost to have it done.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #53
I'm a huge ass

It's $1k an inch. If you want to go cheap, do this...

http://suicidedoors.com/S10BodyDropKit.php
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #54
anyone want to help?

sorry man, i said for $3500 i could buy a welder and an extra cab, I dont by any means have $3500 laying around to stick in my s10, and if i did have that kind of money to invest, i would stick that away for a down payment of a house....but anyways i think i mentioned that the reason i did want some one else to do my cabs body drop is that i really dont want to **** it up, simple as that. ive never done anything close to that for body work yet, the closest would have to be doing a door skin.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #55

Yo East Troy Wisconsin here... I do all my own work to if you need a Hand let me know I'm willing to help out.... I plan on doing a SFBD next winter this year I just want to get to shows.... check out subsonickustomz.com there alot from WI on there
Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #56
anyone want to help?

We here good things about that group. well if your chill and got a welder, go for it bro. lol my numbs 920 599 9766 if ya want it
Old 02-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #57
circa 1996

Quote: Originally Posted by ntloenf
u huh. ok. sounds like you paid an assload to get some work done. ha ha ha. well i already said it and I'll say it again, IM ****ING DOING BODY WORK FOR A LIVING. alright so now that you have that in your head when i said that $3500 to get a cab cut up and welded with some sheet metal. OH ya he must of not been listening when i told him the entire cab is gutted down to nothing. The price of labor, most likely $50 and up and hour, I'll still say thats a straight rip off. I could buy a brand new welder, and an extra cab to **** up on, and still have $2000 in my hand. get my point. at the shop i work at you could get a complete paint job for $2000. thats labor, prepping the entire thing, R And I of everything for paint, plus the paint........ For $3500 you should be able to get quit alot done, not just a raised up floor on your cab.

Actually i have been doing fabrication work since 1996 so i wouldnt pay anyone to do my work and when i do pay for something to be done i dont ask people to work for nothing, that would be hypocrtical. Even when a friend does me a favor, i hand them something for their time and thats how it should be. As for my rates, i dont charge body shop or mechanic rates @75/hour. I charge $25-30 hour since it takes alot more hours for the kind of work i do. Seems to be the most fair to both parties. They get the good work they are wanting and i make a decent profit which ties into what i said above. If your truck is already gutted then it would obviously be cheaper by you not being charged for the time it would take to strip it.

You are only looking at the money, what about the experience and work quality? Thats what you should really be paying for, not because some guy will work for free. With that "its cheaper than me buying the tools" train of thought, all you are doing is paying to borrow his equipment because you are saying you could do just as good of a job IF you had the time which you dont. The catch is that youre always at work and dont have the time, so thats like saying your time is valuable and the guy doing the work time is worthless. Now if you do body work im sure you are better than a guy who has none or very little experience, same thing applies here. There are ALOT of hack shops out there but there are also some guys doing very good work aswell. Just gotta know the gems from the trash but respect the trade by paying for good work. People always expect the same at their job so why shouldnt i?

Not trying to be a dick or start anything but you really need to look at it from other points of view is all im saying. I think this is a big issue with the truck scene to be honest and one thing that will hold it back. Hotrod shops almost always work by the hour for example.

Last edited by Slammy; 02-25-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #58
circa 1996

Quote: Originally Posted by swtlownoma
wow man, chill the f*** out, you need some pills or somethin, calm down and let people do wat they want to there own trucks, who made you the judge to decide who is a real mini trucker or not, not god, not ur mom, not me, not us "minitruckers", who? noone, you need to chill out, and let the man do wat he wants to his own truck, build ur truck and he will build his,
thank you,thats all, lol, and yea, i agree, 3500 just for the cab is a bunch of b.s., my buddies shop out here will do it for 3800 for the whole truck and all, he bd'd the blue toy that was on the cover of mintruckin like 1 month ago or wenever, blue with scallops and flames in the middle? anyone member? btw, i would give my life for that truck, lol, sexy as hell.
more power to you man, shop it or do it urself, ur truck, noone has the right to tell you wat or who or anything about ur truck, thats y its called "your truck"

What? I think you are talking to the wrong person. I basically stated that having a shop build your truck is ok.....why would i not? Thats what i do.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #59

Quote: Originally Posted by Qsbodydrop10
ive lived here for like 6 months now.... i live behind shopko ..... like right behind shopko, the back of it is my view out my windows where do u live

check your pm's yo
Old 03-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #60

Hey guys im kinda confused about this...when u called up you wernt sure wut u wanted stock floor or traditional body drop.. you were qouted 3500 for a finished body drop for the cab and the bed wit tubs and all that goes along with it... so if u are intersted in it please give us a call and we can set something up.. sorry for the confusion.
thanks
Danny Nieuwenhuis
www.myspace.com/slammedoutkustoms

Last edited by fkntukn1; 03-10-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.