wrangler authority 31/10.5/15 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

wrangler authority 31/10.5/15

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Wheels, Tires & Brakes
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
4x4 v6 blazer

User is: OffLine
wrangler authority 31/10.5/15

Anybody ran these? Not looking for anything just super aggressive as most my driving is on pavement or gravel roads. I do however mud once in awhile.

Key Features

Type: Light Truck-Light Truck - On/Off Highway
Sidewall Cosmetics: Outlined White Letters
Speed Rating: Q (100 mph)
Load Index: 109 (2271 lbs.)
Weather: All Season
M+S: Y
Load Range: C

Description

The Wrangler Authority A/T is an extremely versatile tire that is at home on dirt roads, paved roads and everything in between. Its a hardworking tire that complements todays full-size trucks. Features and Benefits
LARGE CENTER TREAD BLOCKS: Help provide enhanced traction and lateral stability.
SELF-CLEANING SHOULDER BLOCKS: Help provide enhanced dirt, gravel and mud traction.
ZIG-ZAG MICROGROOVES: Help provide enhanced traction in rain, snow and ice.

They look like they might be ok, only $130 a tire so I might try them. Just wanting to know how noisy, how they hold up, and how are they in the rain.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Coal Cracker

Re: wrangler authority 31/10.5/15

Check out the Wrangler DuraTrac

Almost the same features as the Authority but studable, and IMO look better.

TIRERACK.com
The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.
Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.
Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
whore turned lurker

the authority is a walmart tire,granted they are the best walmart has to offer but thats not saying much. i would go with something else if i were you.....trust me i work in a walmart TLE....for now lol
Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
4x4 v6 blazer

I'm aware they are a wal-mart tire. The thing is they have them in stock and I need tires last week. They are cheap enough I'll just run them on my spare rims for the time being and get what I really want and put that on my good rims. Everybody else has to order the tires and its gonna be at least a one week wait. Fact of the matter is I have never even cared for goodyear tires anyways.

I was just asking how they hold up, noise, how well are they in the rain.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #5

One of the guys on the ZR2 site got them, they dont look bad and from others they are pretty decent on road too. I say go for it.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #6

Re: Wrangler Authority A/T 31x10.50R15LT

DimeRunner 88...

Hmmm, Sounds like Walmart 1310 or 4235... in Terre Haute?

Let the performance of the Wrangler Authority speak for itself.
I haven't bought a set yet.

The Authority is the equivalent to the Wrangler Duratrac that is available at Goodyear dealers.

The main difference is that the Wrangler Authority is not pinned for studs like the DuraTrac is.

I sort of like the sidewall styling of the Authority more, but I like studded tires in the winter. Both have the Extreme Winter Mountain Snowflake.

The main difference is that the Wrangler Authority is not pinned for studs like the DuraTrac is.

Sounds like a good value to me.

Last edited by KnowKnothings; 10-30-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
4x4 v6 blazer

Re: Wrangler Authority A/T 31x10.50R15LT

Quote: Originally Posted by KnowKnothings
This dumbass state shuts down at the hint of ice so I could care less if its pinned for studs or not so I don't see the reason for that to matter except I'm sure without looking its gonna raise the price. Why pay more for something I'll never use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.