S-10 Forum banner

S10 front disk calipers on rear!!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  roky 
#1 ·
well, thats it in a nutshell -- 2000 s10, may be "xtreme", i was going to do the rear disk brakes yesterday, and they are not the stock calipers -- they absolutely are s10 front calipers, on the rear axle -- this is a 2wd, 2.2l, auto tranny, may be the xtreme package, only owned it for a year -- also, this 2wd has the 4wd/2wd buttons on the dash

i googled this all last night, came up with some drum to disk conversion kits, but nothing that uses chevy front calipers in the rear -- any one heard of this?

thanks,
roky

#3 ·
will do when i have the wheel back off to install the caliper pins this afternoon -- also, should mention that the emergency brake cable is hanging, unattached, so i assume there used to be rear drum brakes

#6 ·
yeah, it must be some conversion, but little shop's bracket doesn't look like mine -- mine look like the attached image, which is actually some guys z28 camaro -- also, you'd have to pull the axle shaft to install mine, as the cut out is circular

Attachments

#11 ·
80% of what you post is painful to try to interpret into English.

#12 ·
yeah, i never would have done this conversion -- even now, with the new calipers on, which of course have the bushings that were gone on the old ones, the caliper mounting bracket is rubbing on the rotor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.