S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!! - Page 7 - S-10 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 362 Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Those crazy ass dogs!!!
 
01cherryreds10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Age: 25
Posts: 6,431

User is: 01cherryreds10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Ya know, right now I wanna give you a big kiss.

Now, will I have to get a modified hub from the member on here that does them? I would assume so considering the hub was built into the S10 rotors, as the F-body rotors are just rotors.


01' Ext.Cab sold and dont miss it
79' Malibu LQ4/4L70e 11.23@118 1.50 60'
07' Silverado 1500 Classic

Last edited by 01cherryreds10; 06-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.
01cherryreds10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Molon Labe
 
BudRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Decatur, Ga
Age: 29
Posts: 5,296

User is: BudRacing is offline
Send a message via AIM to BudRacing
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=71837


BudRacing is offline  
post #303 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Those crazy ass dogs!!!
 
01cherryreds10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Age: 25
Posts: 6,431

User is: 01cherryreds10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

THANK YOU!!!! Just found the awnser I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmiller88
OK fellas, let's give a bit more info to you. Pics of the LS1 and C5 stock spindle specific setups are here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taram...ler72/my_photos

Both use a PBR dual piston aluminum caliper. The LS1s can fit inside a 16" wheel and are 12" x 1.25" thick. The C5s require at least a 17" wheel and are 12.75" x 1.25" thick. The calipers on these two setups will interchange with each other so you can "customize" them so to speak. I do know that you can fit a setup with a LS1 rotor and a C5 caliper (stronger of the two) inside a 16" wheel.

Now for the big one..The 13" Wilwood setup is seen here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taram...ler72/my_photos

This setup uses the ZQ8 Blazer/Envoy spindle with the one piece hub, a Wilwood 4 piston caliper, and 13" x 1.1" rotor. This will give you all the stopping power you'll ever need.

E-mail me for more info and questions..thanks!

Ed

01' Ext.Cab sold and dont miss it
79' Malibu LQ4/4L70e 11.23@118 1.50 60'
07' Silverado 1500 Classic
01cherryreds10 is offline  
post #304 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Professional Insultant
 
TokoDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Idaho
Age: 28
Posts: 5,283

User is: TokoDragon is offline
Send a message via MSN to TokoDragon
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

pretty cool to actually see some people serious about road course track running s-series.


Not sure how it applies: But every 4th of july here the rally car club holds races for its members. Usually it's just cones set around a huge parking lot, but if you're a member they allow pretty much any vehicle type in. Last year we watched a fully loaded Police Tahoe cruiser with a k-9 unit in the back run through the course, kinda proved to me I really shouldn't be worried about ditching one of the police trucks if I had too. other than that they had all sorts of vehicles, from stock 90's imprezas, lotus espirit, to fully rebuilt 69 camaros a chevy nomad and saw a modified caprice wagon.
That's just a large local club, but I've also heard times where they open the tracks to the public for a fee they'll let you run your vehicles on them. Letting them compete in a road rally is a different story, but I'm sure some of these trucks could find a way in.
TokoDragon is offline  
post #305 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Those crazy ass dogs!!!
 
01cherryreds10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Age: 25
Posts: 6,431

User is: 01cherryreds10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokoDragon View Post
pretty cool to actually see some people serious about road course track running s-series.

That's kind of the way I'm building my truck. The exception is, I won't be racing it on a course because I'm a very small guy, and I doubt I can keep up with the turns and pulling the wheel from left to right and vice versa so rapidly. I'm building my truck, so when someone gets in, they feel like it's not a truck, but a nice car. One that when/if they get to drive it, they actually want to keep driving it.

01' Ext.Cab sold and dont miss it
79' Malibu LQ4/4L70e 11.23@118 1.50 60'
07' Silverado 1500 Classic
01cherryreds10 is offline  
post #306 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Blue-X
 
yz85608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Akron
Age: 25
Posts: 828

User is: yz85608 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
No, that is just the fronts, why I said, into front brakes, lol. Rears will be about another $600.

$1900 > 1500
Yeah that package included the front and rear.
yz85608 is offline  
post #307 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
s-series #2?
 
greencactus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mi
Posts: 24,748

User is: greencactus3 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cherryreds10 View Post
That's kind of the way I'm building my truck. The exception is, I won't be racing it on a course because I'm a very small guy, and I doubt I can keep up with the turns and pulling the wheel from left to right and vice versa so rapidly. I'm building my truck, so when someone gets in, they feel like it's not a truck, but a nice car. One that when/if they get to drive it, they actually want to keep driving it.
thats the worst excuse ive ever heard on why to not race it on a course.....
greencactus3 is offline  
post #308 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 361

User is: SLStruckin is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

In regards to the overkill comment. There is a threshold for most things, that a certain amount is overkill.

Frankly, your ultimate stopping distance is determined by the coefficient of grip your truck has on the road. This depends on the coefficient of friction of both the surface you are on, and the surface of your tires.

Not to give a lesson in physics here, but fundamentally, if on dry pavement, you can stomp the brakes and induce ABS, or induce lockup for those without ABS, then you've exceeded the threshold of grip. Now, rotors and calipers are very simple. The caliper presses on the rotor, causing again a coefficient of grip, as determined by the friction, between the two surfaces.

When the grip of the rotor on the disc, exceedes the grip of the tire on the road, simply put, your wheel locks up, or goes into ABS.

Now, obviously the inertia and force of the truck as it travels forward, greatly effect the coefficients, but thats why brake bias is generally ~70% to the front.

In terms of Blazers, and S10's- they are not Mack trucks, nore are they even close to a full size. They do not require the amount of brake force provided by corvette setups.

It has nothing to do with traffic, if somebody cuts you off- frankly thats your reaction time, and how quickly your foot moves to the brake pedal. If you're a slow ass tool, then C6 brakes wont save you.

Now, conceededly larger setups avoid brake fade, and are more tolerant of temperature, but unless you're driving Laguna Seca in 110 degree weather all day long, you again don't require that capability of fade resistance.

I whole heartedly agree, that Bear and SSBC setups, even changing S10's to the blazer 2piston setup, will improve your stopping distance over stock, given you aren't running the narrow ass 205 stock front tires.

I also conceede that larger diameter rotors produce more rotational inertia, however the primary culprit of that rotational inertia is the 18+inch x 8.5+ inch wheel with the big ass spokes and thick rim edges.

All that said- if you are running an LS truck, or blazer as it may be, or maybe you have some really whacked mid engine twin turbo shitsubishi setup, and your passengers asses get hot from the exhaust manifolds, or maybe you've crammed in a 572 that hasnt sipped pump gas since it was installed- then perhaps, just maybe, you'd warrent a C6 setup for the performance aspect.

Maybe you really do circle track your truck, perhaps you're trying to compete in the truck series.

If the above were the case, I doubt you'd be running such heavy beefy setups. Unless you are very lucky and get to go around Bristol, and can actually break 100mph on the straights without going straight into the wall.

But by in large, most users of the forum, don't drive in a manner that requires such a setup, unless they live in LA... I hear the cops out there have pretty quick cars .

So- why do it.

A: Because you have the money.
B: Because you weren't an idiot, and got some nice open spoke design wheels.
C: Because you think stock stuff looks, and feels like poo.
D: Because you want to be the first Sonovette.

and perhaps the biggest reason of all:

E: BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Now my personal take- since you all probably think Im jealous,
frankly, I'd love to do this setup, or even the SSBC/Baer setups, because they look damn cool, and I think the people who have done it, kudo's to you, I wish that GM would have made a 2nd gen Syclone style truck, or even that they would drop the piece of shit Colerado/Canyon, bring the S10 back out with a higher performance option, that had beefed up 4-wheel disc.

If people don't do it, and don't want it, the OEM's will never build it, why do you think they have reinvented the muscle cars 5x over, because people want it.

I love seeing S10's, and Blazers with big brakes, big pipes, and cool amenities, don't get me wrong its why I read this forum.

Ultimately, your grip on the road, your reaction time, and your decision making, will determine if you smash up your front end. I highly doubt that if Baer/SSBC brakes don't save you, that C6 setups would.
SLStruckin is offline  
post #309 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 361

User is: SLStruckin is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

As an add, Im actually surprised the stock master + booster would provide enough volume and pressure to a C6 setup.
SLStruckin is offline  
post #310 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Those crazy ass dogs!!!
 
01cherryreds10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Age: 25
Posts: 6,431

User is: 01cherryreds10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencactus3 View Post
thats the worst excuse ive ever heard on why to not race it on a course.....
Well I'll try it once or twice

01' Ext.Cab sold and dont miss it
79' Malibu LQ4/4L70e 11.23@118 1.50 60'
07' Silverado 1500 Classic
01cherryreds10 is offline  
post #311 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLStruckin View Post
In regards to the overkill comment. There is a threshold for most things, that a certain amount is overkill.

Frankly, your ultimate stopping distance is determined by the coefficient of grip your truck has on the road. This depends on the coefficient of friction of both the surface you are on, and the surface of your tires.

Not to give a lesson in physics here, but fundamentally, if on dry pavement, you can stomp the brakes and induce ABS, or induce lockup for those without ABS, then you've exceeded the threshold of grip. Now, rotors and calipers are very simple. The caliper presses on the rotor, causing again a coefficient of grip, as determined by the friction, between the two surfaces.

When the grip of the rotor on the disc, exceedes the grip of the tire on the road, simply put, your wheel locks up, or goes into ABS.

Now, obviously the inertia and force of the truck as it travels forward, greatly effect the coefficients, but thats why brake bias is generally ~70% to the front.

In terms of Blazers, and S10's- they are not Mack trucks, nore are they even close to a full size. They do not require the amount of brake force provided by corvette setups.

It has nothing to do with traffic, if somebody cuts you off- frankly thats your reaction time, and how quickly your foot moves to the brake pedal. If you're a slow ass tool, then C6 brakes wont save you.

Now, conceededly larger setups avoid brake fade, and are more tolerant of temperature, but unless you're driving Laguna Seca in 110 degree weather all day long, you again don't require that capability of fade resistance.

I whole heartedly agree, that Bear and SSBC setups, even changing S10's to the blazer 2piston setup, will improve your stopping distance over stock, given you aren't running the narrow ass 205 stock front tires.

I also conceede that larger diameter rotors produce more rotational inertia, however the primary culprit of that rotational inertia is the 18+inch x 8.5+ inch wheel with the big ass spokes and thick rim edges.

All that said- if you are running an LS truck, or blazer as it may be, or maybe you have some really whacked mid engine twin turbo shitsubishi setup, and your passengers asses get hot from the exhaust manifolds, or maybe you've crammed in a 572 that hasnt sipped pump gas since it was installed- then perhaps, just maybe, you'd warrent a C6 setup for the performance aspect.

Maybe you really do circle track your truck, perhaps you're trying to compete in the truck series.

If the above were the case, I doubt you'd be running such heavy beefy setups. Unless you are very lucky and get to go around Bristol, and can actually break 100mph on the straights without going straight into the wall.

But by in large, most users of the forum, don't drive in a manner that requires such a setup, unless they live in LA... I hear the cops out there have pretty quick cars .

So- why do it.

A: Because you have the money.
B: Because you weren't an idiot, and got some nice open spoke design wheels.
C: Because you think stock stuff looks, and feels like poo.
D: Because you want to be the first Sonovette.

and perhaps the biggest reason of all:

E: BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Now my personal take- since you all probably think Im jealous,
frankly, I'd love to do this setup, or even the SSBC/Baer setups, because they look damn cool, and I think the people who have done it, kudo's to you, I wish that GM would have made a 2nd gen Syclone style truck, or even that they would drop the piece of shit Colerado/Canyon, bring the S10 back out with a higher performance option, that had beefed up 4-wheel disc.

If people don't do it, and don't want it, the OEM's will never build it, why do you think they have reinvented the muscle cars 5x over, because people want it.

I love seeing S10's, and Blazers with big brakes, big pipes, and cool amenities, don't get me wrong its why I read this forum.

Ultimately, your grip on the road, your reaction time, and your decision making, will determine if you smash up your front end. I highly doubt that if Baer/SSBC brakes don't save you, that C6 setups would.
better tires are better than better brakes, but both of them compliment each other well. and speaking from experience, the total feel, endurance, and look of these are remarkable. I don't know what the baer/ssbc brakes are capable of, but they are what everyone else has.


01cherryreds10- you might want to talk to bad94 about getting brackets, and if you want it to ride really good, get dbl adjustable shocks. I have the dble adjustable shockwaves, but im sure the coilovers will well also. Now for the rear suspension you will have to talk to cactus, i know he has done alittle bit of research on it.



oh yeah, i will get some new pictures soon

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member


Last edited by redxtruck; 06-05-2008 at 09:24 PM.
redxtruck is offline  
post #312 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Those crazy ass dogs!!!
 
01cherryreds10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Age: 25
Posts: 6,431

User is: 01cherryreds10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxtruck View Post
01cherryreds10- you might want to talk to bad94 about getting brackets
It may have been mentioned, but does he also make the hubs?

01' Ext.Cab sold and dont miss it
79' Malibu LQ4/4L70e 11.23@118 1.50 60'
07' Silverado 1500 Classic
01cherryreds10 is offline  
post #313 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

i beleive he can

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #314 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Molon Labe
 
BudRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Decatur, Ga
Age: 29
Posts: 5,296

User is: BudRacing is offline
Send a message via AIM to BudRacing
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I PM'd Bad94 about brackets almost a month ago and haven't heard from him yet.


BudRacing is offline  
post #315 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

no shit, well ed pops up on aim every once in a while. usually around 8pm eastern

AIM: ebmiller88

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #316 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
s-series #2?
 
greencactus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mi
Posts: 24,748

User is: greencactus3 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

if any of you want to take the dimensions of the bracket, im sure i can machine them on the mill quite simply
greencactus3 is offline  
post #317 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencactus3 View Post
if any of you want to take the dimensions of the bracket, im sure i can machine them on the mill quite simply
you should design me link for my rear, i don't feel like it yet

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #318 of 362 Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Molon Labe
 
BudRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Decatur, Ga
Age: 29
Posts: 5,296

User is: BudRacing is offline
Send a message via AIM to BudRacing
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Yeah, do one for his---and I'll use it for mine too.


BudRacing is offline  
post #319 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
fmylife.com
 
LOW S-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,606

User is: LOW S-10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Problems with backspacing in the front? or did you do a custom wheel?
LOW S-10 is offline  
post #320 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

no problems. the corvette rotors slide right over the blazer hubs. if you use a turned down s10 rotor, you will have problems. about 1/2 and inch

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #321 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
s-series #2?
 
greencactus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mi
Posts: 24,748

User is: greencactus3 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxtruck View Post
no problems. the corvette rotors slide right over the blazer hubs. if you use a turned down s10 rotor, you will have problems. about 1/2 and inch
so there is no float on the rotor?
greencactus3 is offline  
post #322 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencactus3 View Post
so there is no float on the rotor?
right, there is a better answer in the other post

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #323 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
s-series #2?
 
greencactus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mi
Posts: 24,748

User is: greencactus3 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxtruck View Post
right, there is a better answer in the other post
aha ill check that
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f14/c6...lipers-363445/
this thread for other's reference
greencactus3 is offline  
post #324 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 11:27 PM
fmylife.com
 
LOW S-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,606

User is: LOW S-10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxtruck View Post
no problems. the corvette rotors slide right over the blazer hubs. if you use a turned down s10 rotor, you will have problems. about 1/2 and inch
What about the rear?
LOW S-10 is offline  
post #325 of 362 Old 08-03-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

small change. i had to add a 5mm spacer between the axle and rotor. the guy that made my brackets said that he has corrected the problem though. this is what happened

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #326 of 362 Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
fmylife.com
 
LOW S-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,606

User is: LOW S-10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Anyone looked into ZR1 brakes lol?
LOW S-10 is offline  
post #327 of 362 Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Insert witty title here.
 
bwhitfield24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crowley, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 3,627

User is: bwhitfield24 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

The brakes alone would be worth more than the vehicle.... LOL go ahead and be the first one Robert!
bwhitfield24 is offline  
post #328 of 362 Old 10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
fmylife.com
 
LOW S-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,606

User is: LOW S-10 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Hell no lol! Im afraid to even look for a price.... But, it would be pretty sick!
LOW S-10 is offline  
post #329 of 362 Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Insert witty title here.
 
bwhitfield24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crowley, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 3,627

User is: bwhitfield24 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

From Corvetteforum.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Electron View Post
I know, I know; fronts are gonna be gone long before the rears and if you can afford a ZR1 are you really worried about the cost of brakes but here ya go anyway. These are GM wholesale pricing.
Front and rear rotors = $1,440.75 ea x 4 = 5763.00
Front Pads per wheel = $581.25 x 2 = 1,162.50
Rear pads per wheel = $441.75 x 2 = 883.50
Total 7809.00
Add about 15% for GM retail parts price = $8,980 for parts only. To see if you need rotors they have to disassemble the brake system enough to remove the rotor to weigh it. Each rotor has its own discard weight stamped on it. "NO sir, you don't need rotors at this point, that will 750 dollars labor, thank you very much" .So add in labor and tax and I am pretty sure you are getting out a ten thousand dollar bill to be paid in full. Getting GM wholesale pricing from GM parts departments is pretty easy. Get ya down to around 9 grand or so. So there ya go, for what it is worth.
Doc E.
bwhitfield24 is offline  
post #330 of 362 Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Insert witty title here.
 
bwhitfield24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crowley, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 3,627

User is: bwhitfield24 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ght=brakes+zr1

This guy is even selling a set. $5500!
bwhitfield24 is offline  
post #331 of 362 Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 PM
C-130 Crew Dog
 
xxxotiknightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Little Rock AR.
Age: 30
Posts: 612

User is: xxxotiknightz is offline
Send a message via AIM to xxxotiknightz
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I'd realy like to make my blazer into a good handleing and performing vehicle, cause I love hitting the twisties around here and just can't do it with stock brakes. Does anyone know if you can stil get this kit. I just want the fronts for now til I get some coil-overs made.

I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
2012 Hyundai Veloster 6MT
2006 Envoy Denali 5.3V8 (stock) tow pig
xxxotiknightz is offline  
post #332 of 362 Old 11-29-2008, 03:32 PM
BodyDropped Member
 
Kenny_Cox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOLT, Michigan
Age: 28
Posts: 3,255

User is: Kenny_Cox is offline
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_Cox
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Isn't this what you purchased? For the most part anyway?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C6-Co...Q5fAccessories

Kenny Cox

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Kenny_Cox is offline  
post #333 of 362 Old 11-30-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Undecided
 
redxtruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Prince Frederick, Md
Age: 31
Posts: 1,239

User is: redxtruck is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

that would be a great start

Red 04 Blazer Xtreme sold
Black 2003 Zr2
White 2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71
Washington D.C. Steamfitters Local602 Member

redxtruck is offline  
post #334 of 362 Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered User
 
The Blown Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,242

User is: The Blown Blazer is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I can't believe people are whining about an overpowered braking system. That's just like people bitching about an engine having too much power and spinning the wheels instead of acclerating w/o spin.

Z06 brakes ROCK

2000 black S10 Xreme auto v6 - stock on 20's "SLO S10"
2000 white S10 Xtreme auto v8 - unstock "FST S10"
The Blown Blazer is offline  
post #335 of 362 Old 12-02-2008, 12:29 PM
BodyDropped Member
 
Kenny_Cox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOLT, Michigan
Age: 28
Posts: 3,255

User is: Kenny_Cox is offline
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_Cox
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

yeah I'd love to do this on my current project. Not only does it look absolutely kick ass, i am sure it performs just as well. Shame it's just too damn expensive to get everything done haha.

Kenny Cox

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Kenny_Cox is offline  
post #336 of 362 Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Is Bad94 still making the brackets for front and rear?
Petro is offline  
post #337 of 362 Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
LT1 S10 Expert
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 36
Posts: 494

User is: HectorM52 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Is Bad94 still making the brackets for front and rear?
Yes, PM him.

I'll alert him if I catch him on IM.
HectorM52 is offline  
post #338 of 362 Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I just PMed him. Thanks
Petro is offline  
post #339 of 362 Old 01-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

This setup is for Front C5 brakes but aren't the caliper mounting points the same for Z06 caliper ? Plus they have a pretty cool upper and lower control arm setup for QA1 coilovers..


http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-2003-...-S-10-2WD.html
Petro is offline  
post #340 of 362 Old 01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Nevermind it says that it'll work with C5/C6 brake setups..haha I jumped the gun on that one. Now all I'll need is the Rear Bracket
Petro is offline  
post #341 of 362 Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Getting faster
 
ZZ4Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Akron, Ohio
Age: 35
Posts: 1,220

User is: ZZ4Blazer is offline
Send a message via AIM to ZZ4Blazer
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
This setup is for Front C5 brakes but aren't the caliper mounting points the same for Z06 caliper ? Plus they have a pretty cool upper and lower control arm setup for QA1 coilovers..


http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-2003-...-S-10-2WD.html

Yes, those will bolt up any factory C5/C6 brake combo. I have those on my truck and a great investment if your after killer handling IMO. Went up in price though...

Jim 94 Stepside
New v8 combo coming
5/6 drop QA1/hotchkis
ATS tall spindle/14" Z06 brakes
6 speed / 8.5" rear
ZZ4Blazer is offline  
post #342 of 362 Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Alright cool..does those spindles really drop the front an 1in like it says and they also claim that the spindles don't push the wheel out like Drop Spindles do.
Petro is offline  
post #343 of 362 Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Do you also have the lower control arms? I was wondering if they also dropped the front? (the ones the hold the stock springs.)The reason ask is because stock lower arms have the hump in them and these mount below the arm so it just seems by looking at them they would also lower.
Petro is offline  
post #344 of 362 Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Did redxtruck ever say what size wheel he was using and with backspacing-offset?
Petro is offline  
post #345 of 362 Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

bump
Petro is offline  
post #346 of 362 Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 AM
LT1 S10 Expert
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 36
Posts: 494

User is: HectorM52 is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I'm pretty sure he did.

You can search this thread - look up at the top of the page under the "page numbers" of the thread. It says "search this thread" then just enter his username. Show results by "post" not "thread."
HectorM52 is offline  
post #347 of 362 Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

I couldn't find a post with any backspacing/offset spec on redxtruck but some 20" Eagle Alloy 025s should easily clear.
Petro is offline  
post #348 of 362 Old 02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

bump
Petro is offline  
post #349 of 362 Old 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Molon Labe
 
BudRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Decatur, Ga
Age: 29
Posts: 5,296

User is: BudRacing is offline
Send a message via AIM to BudRacing
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Post 14 shows a wheel fitment template link.

http://www.kore3.com/tech.php#fitment_templates


BudRacing is offline  
post #350 of 362 Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Killing Time
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville , AL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,596

User is: Petro is offline
Re: S10 Blazer Xtreme C6 Z06 Corvette Brakes!!

Yeah I figured all the brake issues I could think of about the Z06 upgrade a lil while back..now I just need the money!!!! I was just giving the thread a bump for some guys that maybe hadn't seen it..
Petro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome