S-10 Forum banner

7" booster, 4 wheel disc, pedal return spring???

568 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  nfamus10 
#1 ·
So I have always had little problems with my brakes every since I first started my body drop years ago. This is my current setup on my 2000 s10 2wd.

Generic Ebay Dual Diaphragm 7" booster (Bought new, now 10 years old)

Generic Ebay Aluminum Disc/Disc proportioning valve (New)

Little Shop Mfg. rear disc kit. (New)

Stock front calipers.

Now my brakes work fantastic. Stops on a dime and with the recent 1/16" adjustment in the booster pin the pedal feels like stock.

My problem is sometimes the pedal will not return fully to the start position. It sometimes stays down after braking just enough to cause minor brake drag. It has even pulled pedal down while driving down long stretches. I just pull it back with my foot here and there but this is not standard operation procedure and I am getting tired of it while wearing flip flops!! Ha.

Is there a stock return spring in the pedal assembly that I lost along the way?? I know mustangs for example have them on the pedal.

Vacuum check valve on the motor is good for the booster. I did not do a measurement on how much pressure but I can if anybody thinks that could be a problem.

See less See more
#2 ·
So I did lots of research and this problem could be caused from diaphragm failure. Being that the booster is old and the brakes have been bled a hundred times I decided to order a new master booster combo. Stay tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.