S-10 Forum banner

1st gen S10 brake upgrade

14K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rhotpursuit 
#1 ·
I have an 89 2wd that the calipers are sticking on, hoses have cracks and a line just rotted on. Are there any useful bolt on junkyard upgrades? Or inexpensive kits? I'm not looking for race track performance, just anything that might be a slight improvement if it is at a minimal cost. It is on stock 14" steelies now, I have a set of Vette 18/19s if that would help.

I've been searching for a few hours now, only info I have seen involves a good deal of fab work which I am not interested in.

Thanks,
Bob

#4 ·
the 98+ Blazer disk brakes are a bolt on swap. get the complete knuckle, hub bearing, and calipers with brackets. You can get these for around 150-200 bucks for both sides and then stock rotors and pads are pretty cheap at any parts store. These are 10.8" rotors and dual piston calipers and THEY WILL FIT THE 1ST GEN S10 14" STEEL WHEELS! Ive done it, its close but they clear no problem. I just put these same brakes on my Sonoma GT and my stock brakes actually worked pretty good, but these are 200% better!!

Reactions: Baldeelox
#5 ·
Well, unless you want the 2" drop knuckles, then you're talking about $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.