Omg!!!brake pedal stuck to floor all wheels locked up!! - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Omg!!!brake pedal stuck to floor all wheels locked up!!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > S10 / Sonoma
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Omg!!!brake pedal stuck to floor all wheels locked up!!

Sorry if this runs long.im pissed and gotta rant.Recently got a black 97 S10 2.2 5speed extcab sportside.the truck sat for several years in the original owners backyard after the motor blew.after months of asking if she wanted to sell it and being rejected over and over saying "I've had it since it was new and,I'll have it fixed one day"she finally sold it to me for $500.great deal right?wrong!careful what you wish for.as y'all already probably know a 97 motor is pretty much a one year motor and I couldn't find one.then my buddy up in Ohio found me a 97 cavalier motor with 79k on it.pulled the motor and thought this ain't gonna be that bad.wrong again!everything is different including the head gasket.put it in and runs great.the drivers door didn't close right due to hinge issues and the carpet was ruined pulled that crap up and been driving it for about a month and this morning some a$$hole in a infinity cut me off so I slammed on brakes.after that my pedal stuck to the floor!all 4 wheel locked slap up!I kicked the crap out of it and it came back up.I stuck a master cylinder in it drove it around seemed fine.wrong again!decided to go home to beat this cold I've had for 3 days now.stopped at a red light and stuck again!had to pull the pudal up with channel locks!and that joker was stuck!about bent it before it came up.I'm fed up with this piece of crap!is it the pedal assembly?the booster?I don't even know if I care.screw this joker!i got way to much going on to keep messin with it.anybody in the golfcoast need any parts?I'll sell her in pieces but I won't let the title go!I'm killin her off!wish I would have hit that car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #2

Re: Omg!!!brake pedal stuck to floor all wheels locked up!!

You'll have to do a bit of dis assembling to find the actual problem. Start with the pivot bushing to the brake pedal. Maybe it's cracked and/or worn, causing this problem. Usually if the brake booster sticks you still have a little "free play" on the brake pedal assembly.
You might make certain nothing is rubbing against the pedal assembly as well.
If it's rust you can clean it fairly easily. Start with something like WD 40, then after is soaks clean it off real good and use a good silicant spray. (WD 40 likes dust bunnies, so you don't just want to leave it there.)
Old 05-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

I just don't care any more.it's like it's cursed or possessed!got the A/C blowin snow for 2 weeks then the compressor clutch needs a tap to engage.put the factory CD player from my 96 blazer in it,even though it worked when removed it doesn't work now.it's got a new belt,water pump,tensioner and the belt squeaks for a few minutes in the morning.replaced the hollowed out converter and the downstream O2 heater curcuit went bad.stuck in traffic twice in one day.I'm done messin with it!parts car!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
always something new

User is: OffLine

wheeeeeu....you got a fixer upper.....just be patient and fix things one at a time correctly...it'll come around
Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Oh yeah and...the nipple on the vacuum reservoir on the hood is broke off.so when you gun it it switches to defrost.there was a small rock chip in the windshield and we had a 90+ degree day last week so after work I jumped on the highway with the AC blowing max it switched to defrost and the chip cracked halfway across the windshield right before my eyes!possessed!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Ticket Magnet

Cliff note...it sat for several years...neglected, and you're pissed because it has issues??
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Your right.I think I'm more pissed at myself for expecting too much after what she's been through.I guess I'll pull her in my shop and mess with her in a few weeks until my 2000 is done being painted.I broke my old blazer out gonna drive her for a while gas is a killer on her she's AWD.can some one explain to me how to become a full member so I can post pics and change my avatar.i looked in my options and must be missing something.please help.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #8
Ticket Magnet

You can host pics at www.photobucket.com Avatar can be changed in user control panel. They do need to be a certain size, which I can't think of. There's a program called Tiny Pics that will reduce image size for you.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhotpursuit
Cliff note...it sat for several years...neglected, and you're pissed because it has issues??
Excellent point...My 96 sat for 3 years, before I bought it (driven maybe once every 2 months to keep it the battery charged) It was in the garage -
But not driving it caused many mystery problems...
Old 05-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

The problem appears to be in the booster itself.maybe from the water getting inside the truck it rusted internally.all I can find locally is A1cardone reman crap and I won't use anything from them.I also now noticed today that the check engine light doesn't work anymore either?When you turn the truck to run it doesn't come on any more.different problem I'm sure.I've been focased on getting my 2000 back on the road.work has been really bad for months and I can't afford to have multiple projects going at once anymore.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #11

If the brake booster is bad you can find a good replacement at the salvage yard. Shouldn't be a problem.
The check engine light- start by checking your fuses, if one or more is blown it "could" cause your problem. Second thing to check is the bulb.
Take your time and think out potential cures to the problems you see. Quite often the "fix" isn't expensive at all. Try to avoid just throwing parts on it until the problem goes away, that's not mechanicing...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

I haven't had a chance to go to the salvage yards lately but,when I do go I always plan on spending money.I've got almost no self control and terrible spending habits.as for the check engine light it was just another issue I happened to notice.I haven't even checked it yet.trust me there will be no darts being thrown at this truck.I'm just broke right now,like everyone else lately.been slow at work(I'm flat rate)no cars=low check.been able to break my guarantee(40 on the clock equals 30 on paper)clocking a little over 40blh when i normally bill 80blh+per week&my wife and I just had the accidental mid-life new born son.with the kids we already have(10,12,14) this makes #4.and man have prices gone up!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #13

Quote: Originally Posted by BlazerZR5
I haven't had a chance to go to the salvage yards lately but,when I do go I always plan on spending money.I've got almost no self control and terrible spending habits.as for the check engine light it was just another issue I happened to notice.I haven't even checked it yet.trust me there will be no darts being thrown at this truck.I'm just broke right now,like everyone else lately.been slow at work(I'm flat rate)no cars=low check.been able to break my guarantee(40 on the clock equals 30 on paper)clocking a little over 40blh when i normally bill 80blh+per week&my wife and I just had the accidental mid-life new born son.with the kids we already have(10,12,14) this makes #4.and man have prices gone up!
Just a suggestion....shotgun,wild boar license, BBQ pit...
Takes about 60% off the grocery bill.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #14
Solid Axle MOD

Quote: Originally Posted by BigAlsBro
Just a suggestion....shotgun,wild boar license, BBQ pit...
Takes about 60% off the grocery bill.
And you can learn the kiddies a little on survival animal dressing
Old 05-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004

Man,y'all must not seen where I live.I'm in Alabama.I'm from the gator farms in mississippi. my 10year old daughter can skin a squarel with no tools.bite there paws off and tear there belly skin with yer teeth,scoop there guts on out with your fingers,then pull there fur off like you undressin a barbie doll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.