amp has power but subs wont bump - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

amp has power but subs wont bump

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > S10 / Sonoma
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
amp has power but subs wont bump

hi. i just got a new system for my 2000 s10, i got a 1000 watt pyle driver amp with 150 watts rms and 2 10" clifford design dual voice coil subs both at 150 watt rms. i have a 4 gauge wiring kit and i connected the ground straight the the chassis. i have 12 gauge speaker wires aswell. my amp turns on but when i turn my music up the subs dont hit hard. its not the box because i no i sealled it completly and its not the subs because i hooked both of them up to my friends system (he had a different amp) and they sounded great. they were working yesterday and the sounded great but i went to invert the one sub today and then they both are not working. what i would like to no is it the amp that is pooched or does my truck not have enough juice to power it. my buddy is giving me his power cap to see if that will work tomorrow but in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions as to y my subs arent bumping please let me no. thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #2

Re: amp has power but subs wont bump

Sounds like the power is there through the lines, but pyle has always been as it's named, a pyle. Try and hook up only one sub at a time to make sure they are both working correctly and the amp can even push them. I've seen amps bridged unable to push subs.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Is that Home Brew?!?

So to get this right you're 1000w Pyle amp is 150W rms? Why do cheap amp companies still feel the need to do this? (end rant).

I need more info here, that Pyle amp, class D mono? or stereo 2 channel? The subs are dual voice coils, but what ohm each? Have you had the woofers out of the box recently? Sounds like a phase problem to me. Double check your speaker wire connections. Make sure your positives and negatives are all correct.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
LS3 - T56 coming SOON !

User is: Online

sounds like a wiring mix-up if they were working fine till you unwired/rewired one of them

this will get more response .......in the sound and security section
Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
where da white women at?

the problem is PYLE! they make crap subs, crap amps, crap everything. spend the money for a real amp. cheap, good amps can be had for $50-150.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/produ...mplifiers.aspx
Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #6

thanks for the help. i wired the one sub up to the amp and it sounds ok. i think im just going to get rid of this system and get a new one. any suggestions on what amps and subs i should get. i want it to be really bassy if that helps any
Old 10-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Vig Pimpin

what do you mean "one sub is inverted" if you mean one is mounted facing in, and one mounted out, you will have phase cancellation issues. is it a mono amp? also are you how are you wiring the voice coils. ie, what is your total resistance on the subs. If your trying to run at 1 or 2 ohms, you may have blown an output transistor on the amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.