98 s10 5speed shifter knob thread size. - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

98 s10 5speed shifter knob thread size.

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > S10 / Sonoma
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #1

98 s10 5speed shifter knob thread size.

Hi, Im buying a custom shifter knob for a friend that has a 98 s10 5speed 2.2L motor. Problem is, I dont know if the stick is threaded or not. If it is, does anyone know the thread size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
Eric

User is: OffLine
Re: 98 s10 5speed shifter knob thread size.

To my knowledge there is no separate thread to swap between knobs. Could always break off the current one, I've seen it done on here (Good smack on the ground?) and then epoxy/glue on the new one?...
Old 12-10-2010, 04:06 AM   #3

yeah thats the problem aint my truck. Not sure if he would go for that. What was wrong with a perfectly good threaded design??? Ive seen the posts brought by the search on this topic but wanted to be sure. Some of the posts, they werent sure of the switch over.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #4

Use the shift lever from a 94 or older, it is taller but it is threaded. I think it is 12mm. I have one from a 87 Blaizer in my 98 and I adapted a 13 speed semi. knob on mine.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #5

The 98 up 5sp shift handle and know are 1pc. If you pull the rubber boot down ,there is a lock nut to loosen and then unscrew the entire shift handle/knob,
Billet specialties sells a billet replacement handle that provides a threaded end to attach a knob of ur choice...or use the one they sell.
There is also some company on ebay and a coupe other billet companies making them as well

Hope this helps
Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #6

98 s10 5speed shifter knob thread size.-rockwell.jpg cut the old one off then honed the 10 speed shifter out a little then heated the plastic and pushed it on by hand now its nice and tight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.