S-10 Forum banner

2003 Chevy S-10 Speaker Size

122K views 45 replies 35 participants last post by  Mostizzle 
#1 ·
Does Anyone Know The Stock Speaker Sizes For A 2003 Chevy S-10 Pickup Truck 2.2 liter 4 cylinder engine.Thank you.

#8 ·
ha. well, we can all agree that if you have dash speakers, they're 4x6", if you have door speakers, they're 6.25", and if you have back speakers, they're 4x9". Look for speaker grills! If there's a grill, there's probably a speaker. If there's not a grill, there's probably not a speaker. You can also take your radio and fade it to the front, or rear and hear where the noise is coming from. It's not too difficult. Does anybody know anything about Polk audio? Some guy is selling a pair of 4x6's for I think $70? I've never actually heard them. I've heard of them, but that's about it. Let me know.

#9 ·
Crutchfield is the place to go btw, i buy all my stuff from them. And as for polk, they're decent especially if you're not looking to destroy your ear drums. I put a set of polk 6.5"s in my doors and they sound nice and look really good if you use the grills. And you might have to check the depth on those 4 x 6's to make sure they'll fit in the dash under the stock grills unless for some reason you wanna run without them on :dunno:

#11 ·
My 2003 ext has 6.5" door speakers & 4 X 6 "plate" speakers (for limited depth) in the dash & no rear speakers. I beleave the reg. cab has & crew cab have a different setup. I had an ' 84 ext. cab tahoe that had dash & 4x10 rears, If it has a third door ( like the later ext. cabs) there is no elec. or speakers in that door from the factory, why, I don't know.

#17 ·
What speakers it comes with may depend on the trim pkg., mines an LS, may be different on a standard work or "fleet" truck.

#20 · (Edited)
:cool: I got a Space Blue 2000 Chevy S10 extended cab LS 2.2 4cyl. flex fuel. auto. Its got the stock Monsoon am/fm cd player with speakers in the dash and doors but no speakers in the rear with the 3rd door. I've seen where people have put speaker boxes in the back of their S10, but how do they do the wires? Is there a provision in the radio wire harness where rear speaker wires would normaly go if the radio were used in an S10 with the rear speakers, and would it be easy to wire them in? It don't sound the best without rear speakers in the truck.

#31 ·
i dont think anyone posted it yet but
if you go to http://www.onlinecarstereo.com you can put your vehicle in and it will tell you the dimensions of all your speakers

click fit guide at the top of the page, also they have some pretty good deals on car stereo stuff

#34 ·
/\ lmao!!! Bump this year old thread. What's the largest dash size speaker I can fit without serious trimming? 4x10? Saw a few threads mentions 4x10s unless I misread that. I currently have alpine type s crossovers in doors and 3 10s in back. Just need something to keep up basically.
-02 s10

#35 ·
If the dash on your 02 has the same setup as my 98, 4x6 is about all the bigger ur gonna get without cutting. Some lower output 4x6 plates might work too, but nothing big. Ive got Infinity Kappa 4x6 plates in my dash, and had to dremel the shit out of it to get them in there. Had to shave the under sides of the grills for clearance also.

#37 ·
They sound great. Id recommend getting some form of dust covers for inside the doors to keep the dust from getting in the voice coils (regardless of what brand you buy). Ive got 1 speaker that I need to replace because I didnt do this and the voice coil is scratched. Ive got the componants in the doors, 6.5 woofers with the 1" tweeters and crossovers. Mounting hardware for surface mounting the tweeters isnt very sturdy, so mounting them like mine are in my pic isnt suggested. The surface mounts cannot be ordered from Infinity if you break one, as I did. I broke one just closing the door. Fortunately, they come with a few types of mounts and I modified 1 to look just like the surface mounts do and used it as a replacement.
Would like to see pics of your 10s and how well the fit/box size etc. Always interested in different options. Only reason Ive got the subs and box I have in my truck is I had them when I bought the truck. Sounds great, but takes up alotta room.

#39 ·
Might consider something else for the dash tho lol. I didnt have to do extensive cutting, but, it was a pain to get in there with a dremel and make enough room for everything. Shaving the undersides of the grills kinda sucked too but wasnt hard. Just had to trim them alot for them to clear. Im not sure if a regular Infinity Kappa 4x6 would fit or not. Infinity Reference might fit ok. Ive got some Bazookas that I know fit just fine tho. Just dont do 4x6 plates unless you want to cut the dash and shave the grills. The crossover componants dont clear the stock openings.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.