Parts Compatability - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Parts Compatability

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 12:51 PM   #1

Parts Compatability

I have a 1995 Jimmy with lots of miles. I have access to a 2002 Blazer that has body damage. How compatable are the parts such as the powertrain? Were the changes very substantial?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
Quad-Turbocharged Blazer

User is: OffLine
Re: Parts Compatability

Some parts are compatible while others changed. If you ask me exactly i might be able to tell u what fits. The motor is generally different since the 95 is CPI and the 02 is SFI. The bottom end of the engine is the same. The transmission is internally the same but might be slightly different housing. You can take the rear disc breaks off the 02 and put them on yours. Some 4wd parts might be interchangeble if applicable. If both are 4wd then some suspension parts are interchangeble. I don't know if its worth taking anything off of it unless theres something you need.

You could do a conversion from your CPI motor to SFI which would be worthwhile
Old 12-04-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
strip rat

User is: OffLine
Re: Parts Compatability

No SFI switch for me since my CPI puts out more horespower and has less restrictions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.