Mystery vacuum line around cruise control box - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Mystery vacuum line around cruise control box

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #1

User is: OffLine
Mystery vacuum line around cruise control box

As I was checking my vacuum lines around the cruise control unit (left side of teh engine compartment). I unplugged a vacuum line and I cannot see where it was plugged.

Here's the sheme : one line is coming from the other side of the engine compartment (plugged on the engine). Close to the CC unit this line is plugged on a connector (apparently equipped with a bypass system). This connector splits in two lines.

One of those two lines is plugged, but I don't know where does the second line is supposed to go. This mystery line is about 5 inches long.

If someone does have an idea or a vacuum chart for this area of a 98 V6 blazer it would be great.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
EX-REFLECTOR COLLECTOR

Re: Mystery vacuum line around cruise control box

one line should go into a vacuum ball mounted on the hood and the other part w/the bypas valve (t's off) it goes onto a hard plastic line that goes into the firewall under a harness on the drivers side under the CC unit
Old 04-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by 97 blazer
one line should go into a vacuum ball mounted on the hood and the other part w/the bypas valve (t's off) it goes onto a hard plastic line that goes into the firewall under a harness on the drivers side under the CC unit
Thanks for your reply. I spotted the hard plastic line that goes into the firewall and the vac line is plugged on it but I cannot see the vacuum ball monted on the hood. How big is this ball?

My other question (sorry for being that stupid)is : what do you mean by t's off?

As you probably figured out, english is not my first language so I got some severe lacks...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #4

he means it goes into a T fitting. the black ball may be in the front fender on a 98 tho.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
white wall member

its a box in side the fender or a ball the size of a softball mounted to the hood 98 up should be inside the fender right at a 90' degree from the fire wall
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
EX-REFLECTOR COLLECTOR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what the last 2 posts say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.