help 95 blazer 4.3l fuel pressure problem - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

help 95 blazer 4.3l fuel pressure problem

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #1

help 95 blazer 4.3l fuel pressure problem

I need some help. I have a 95 Blazer 4.3l and it wont start. It starts with starter fluid but then die's. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it goes to 62 psi then decreases to 30 and stays there. I replaced the Fuel pressure regulator, it was bad. put it all back together and still the same thing. I looked for leaks and gas draining out but nothing.

Is there some kind of relay or some thing or what is happening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
goin broke but n style

User is: OffLine
Re: help 95 blazer 4.3l fuel pressure problem

you need a fuel pump. my 94 did that right b4 it died.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #3

sweet, I will look at the pump. Hopefully thats the problem.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #4

Silly question but did you change the fuel filter?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Extended cab or no cab.

It depends on where the pressures are at at which point of the starting I would say.

It should be right around 58psi while priming and running. It will drop some while cranking. How long does it take to go down to 30?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #6

check the fuel filter first...
Old 01-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #7

I change my fuel filter every 25K miles. If you have more than that, its time even if it isn't the problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #8

The fuel filter is new, I checked the psi right before the fuel filter and it said around 75 - 80 psi, but doesn't decrease at all. Then I checked at the fuel psi check spot behind the manafold and it is saying around 50 then drops to 30 pretty fast. I have the manafold taken off right now and it looks dry but crudded up tho. I checked the voltage at the spider line connector and it is giving me .54 vdc is that correct or totally wrong? I have replaced the FPR, the old one was bad. But Now I am lost at what could be the problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #9

Quote: Originally Posted by SBD-Spider
The fuel filter is new, I checked the psi right before the fuel filter and it said around 75 - 80 psi, but doesn't decrease at all. Then I checked at the fuel psi check spot behind the manafold and it is saying around 50 then drops to 30 pretty fast. I have the manafold taken off right now and it looks dry but crudded up tho. I checked the voltage at the spider line connector and it is giving me .54 vdc is that correct or totally wrong? I have replaced the FPR, the old one was bad. But Now I am lost at what could be the problem.
I went and tightened all i could and now it only decresses to 45 psi and stays there. Could the o rings be bad or could it be a pin preak leak that stops leaking at 45 psi?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #10

I took off the fuel line that is going into the fuel injector spider line, It is giving me 75 - 80 psi. Is the spider line bad? I have replaced the FPR already, did I put it on wrong?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
goin broke but n style

could be a bad new pressure regulator.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #12

I have replaced the whole spider assy from one i got from a junk yard, it pushes to 60psi then in 2 sec drops to 55 psi and stays there. Then I replaced the FPR on that one and it still does the same thing, it hits 60 psi then drops to 55 in like 2 sec. WTF I am lost. I also put it all back together and spreyed starter fluid into the air intake and it started then blew a fire ball out it and almost got my face. I have never had some thing like that happen, What is wrong that it shot a fire ball at me lol.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #13

That fuel pressure behavior is correct, the fireball is not!

If you get backfires/flames then most likely you have the firing order or plug wires wrong. It is firing a plug while an intake valve is still open.

Recheck the firing order on the cap.

Possible that you have valve problems, I'd check compression too. A burnt/sticking intake valve will let the combustion back into the intake.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #14

I agree. It looks like you're getting there as the pressure looks normal now but the firing order sounds off. Go over everything again slowly, carefully...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.