Join Date: May 2008
monette999 is offline
Re: Heater core blow up on 97 blazer, how to remove dashboard
Hello is this the correct procedure for a 1997 blazer heater core change.
What are snap on vent
· first remove speaker panels top of dash, then remove screws underneath.
· remove snap on vent on top of dash remove those screws also.
· take off all plastic covers at floor under dash.
· there are two bolts one on each side under sides of dash, remove them.
· now the steering column bolts are I think 5/8 you will have to remove these there are two of these.
· now when you take these off the dash will lower.
· under the R/S and L/S of dash you will see where the dash sits on hangers lift off both sides
· and you should be able to get to the heater core cover,
· remove cover and you will see core, there will be two core holder clips over the core.
· remove these, make sure hoses under hood are off heater core pipes or the core cannot pull out.