Fuel Pump Ground To Frame / Harness Location - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Fuel Pump Ground To Frame / Harness Location

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Dopin' The Scope

Fuel Pump Ground To Frame / Harness Location

Ok brain trust: Where is the ground location to the frame / harness for the fuel pump on 2002 Blazer 4x4 4 Door?

Searched and nothing specific except to check it.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #2

User is: OffLine
Re: Fuel Pump Ground To Frame / Harness Location

Don't know if this might help, but I did find a thread that mentioned (splice pack) sp423 -- a bunch of grounds packed together on the rear crossmember just behind the fuel tank (and damned difficult to get to). Apparently, corrosion of this pack can even cause engine misfire codes.

here's one link to the issue:
http://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...k-243-a-48712/

I had some links with photos of the grounds but can't seem to locate them.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

OK. Here's part of the thread dealing with splice pack 423. You're probably not going to like it. There are some links to a few photos the contributor took of the pack along the rear crossmember, behind the fuel tank.

Struck me as an important thread to follow, as the guy was having problems with random misfires (p0300) and it took him an eternity to trace it back to this issue of corroded sp423 grounds. Not usually the first place you'ld look (or even want to look, I wager).
Old 07-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Dopin' The Scope

Thanks for the links, I did find it. Fairly easy to get to with the tank ans spare tire out. I ended up doing a fule pump on the one i started the thread on. I have another one to do that after being towed the gas guage is either pegged out full or dont work at all. I am suspecting a pulled wire in the tail light area. This one if i have to drop the tank and spare I will try to get some pictures and post them.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
94 s10 in progress

so thi s is above the tank?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Dopin' The Scope

sorry, I didnt finish the thread after discovery...

The rear body ground cluster is on the top of crossbrace right behing the tank. On mine there was a splash sheild somewhat in the way. Easy way to find it is follow the ground braided strap from the fuel filler neck to the mount point. Pain to get at but if you use a racheting wrench it is ok.

I ended up replacing the pump as it tested bad one pulled, however i think it is a good thing to at least check that ground. If i were doing a pump replacement in a production type enviroment i would at least looses that ground bolt and tighten it ot prompte good contact.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #7

sweet. this what i'll check next. Same / similar issue w/ the misfire, non running. replaced pump and runs w/a ground "jump wire" but didn't know where the grounding issue would be. Thanks. I'll post again if it is the 423 pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.