Blend Door Actuator - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Blend Door Actuator

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #1

Blend Door Actuator

1996 Blazer 4.3. 215,000 kms.
Replaced the DREADED blend door actuator. This job is not fun but also not impossible. Basically just had to keep pulling stuff off until I could get to it. It will take an afternoon and a bit more to complete. Had to walk away a few times and count to ten!!
I had the same 'no heat issue'. I started with repacing the thermostat. No change. Then replaced all the vacuum hoses. No change. I knew it was not the heater core, so I left that alone. Next I tried replacing the temperature control switch. No change. Then I went after the blend door actuator. A lot of people shy away from this but go ahead and do it if you have some basic knowledge and some basic tools.
I broke my hazard switch during the operation and replaced it no problem (easy fix). Now that everything is said and done, only problem I have is that the turn signals (and hazard) do not work. I checked the fuses and they are OK. Any ideas? Is there an electrical connection under the dash I may have forgot about?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
no longer has a 95

User is: OffLine
Re: Blend Door Actuator

double check and make sure the hazard switch is in the whole way. i bet you dont have any brakelights either
Old 11-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #3

Thanks 95 S Trucker. I just tried pushing the hazard switch in further, but it is in all the way. Also you are right, I have no brake lights.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Move over here I come

hazard switch is malfunctioning. had the same problem on my buddy's 96. wiggle it around it should work. if not replace it again.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Replaced with another new hazard switch which now works fine. First one must have been defective. Apparently not the first one!!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
1998 S10 Blazer

You should not continue with the same thread NAME and diagnose with a different problem... Blend door? Hazard switch? Sorry, was looking for more on the blend door...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
1998 S10 Blazer

Disregard previous thread from me... I see the reost. Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
Slap my meat on your pita

I had to do my blend door on mine...pain in the ass
Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
Registered Minitrucker

****... i gotta replace mine too I think.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #10

I just relaced the TEMP DOOR ACTUATOR on my 02 Xtreme, but still no luck. My problem is that the temperature door is stuck on high heat.

When I took off the old actautor, I turned the "keyed" lever for the door and I turned it with no problems. The door itself did not seemed jammed....so I replaced the actuator motor itself BUT did NOT solve the problem...

What gives?

The control module is fine...I think. When I switched the temp from cold to hot and visa versa...I could feel the motor turning ever so slightly...a VERY small amount of turning, but, it is getting power....

I know I'm missing something....someone please shed some light on this...thx.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
1998 S10 Blazer

I'm second guessing the control module. Check vac lines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.