99 Blazer NO 4WD - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

99 Blazer NO 4WD

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #1

Question 99 Blazer NO 4WD

99 Blazer, 90,000 miles. I have the transfer case that also has the AWD option. When I shift into 4 hi the light just blinks and no front axle engagement. When I shift into 4 lo, the t case goes into low range, the light blinks but no front axle engagement. When I shift into Auto 4 WD, the light just blinks and no front axle engagement. It seems that the t-case may be working but the front axle is not getting the message. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
forum idiot

User is: OffLine
Re: 99 Blazer NO 4WD

the vacuum actuator is bad.. it is under the battery...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #3

Like Brian said, it's either a bad vacuum actuator, or the vacuum line has broken off (that's what happened on mine, I took my battery out and looked at the actuator, the vacuum line had broken right off the fitting at the firewall)
Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
forum idiot

Quote: Originally Posted by badSol
Like Brian said, it's either a bad vacuum actuator, or the vacuum line has broken off (that's what happened on mine, I took my battery out and looked at the actuator, the vacuum line had broken right off the fitting at the firewall)
yeah i forgot about that...that does happen too
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #5

Yeah, I didn't check it first either, if I had I wouldn't have bothered to take the battery out and look at the actuator just to find out it was broken off at the firewall, lol
Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #6

came across this while doing a search on AWD and I know I might be bringing this back from the dead, but anyway weatherdog did you have it in neutral and rolling slowly when you tried to go into 4wd?
I ask because i had the same prob as you when I got mine and found out I shouldn't be in drive when making the switch.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
Dime Freightlines

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Shok
came across this while doing a search on AWD and I know I might be bringing this back from the dead, but anyway weatherdog did you have it in neutral and rolling slowly when you tried to go into 4wd?
I ask because i had the same prob as you when I got mine and found out I shouldn't be in drive when making the switch.
That's only necessary to go in to 4LO going from 2Hi to 4Hi can be done in drive while moving.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #8

so driving in 2hi if I hit 4hi it should just pop in? I'll have to try that.
I've barely touched that button, and when I did I used the manual, I had to pull a tree and needed 4 lo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.