1998 Jimmy 4 dr 4wd worked fine. Parked it yesterday. Today it was a little hard to start, then I moved it over a few feet on the driveway. Two hours later it would crank but not start.
Fuel, air and spark... I've read all the posts on here I could find. Here is what I plan to do, but I have questions. If yuo can answer any of the questions, thanks in advance.
1. I will turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump.
2. I will try to start it with some starting fluid. WHERE DO I SPRAY IT IN? If you could refer me to a picture, that's be great.
3. WHERE is the fuel pump fuse, under the hood? Is this the same as the ECM fuses?
4. If I need to check the fuel pump relay, WHERE IS IT, and can I swap it with another one (which one)?
5. One post said to check the fuel pressure, there is a valve stem on the fuel line back by the driver's side of the distributor. Can anyone point me to a PICTURE?
6. Where is the FUEL FILTER?
7. How do I check if the INJECTORS are pulsing?
8. Can I check SPARK by clipping a timing light to a wire? Or can I pull a wire and hold it near a metal engine part while cranking it over?
9. Where is the CRANK SENSOR? Where is the CAM POSITION SENSOR? How do i check them, if needed?
10. If I end up replacing the fuel pump, I'll probably cut the hole in the floor to get to it. Dropping the tank sounds like a disaster. Any PHOTOS or measurements? There's one thread on here that points to some photos, but the poster never followed up with measurements. They listed http://store.getgmparts.com/fuel-pumps.html
as having good fuel pump prices, but I don't know what part number.
Any other ideas?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!