95 Blazer power seat dead please help - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

95 Blazer power seat dead please help

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #1

95 Blazer power seat dead please help

No power to seat. anyone know if theres a relay ? If so where .
Old 10-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #2

Re: 95 Blazer power seat dead please help

FYI under the carpet on the drivers side there are 3 orange wires soldered and taped to one single orange wire. the tape absorbs moisture from wet shoes causing the solder to corrode, thus losing power. I recommend usind a weather proof connector.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #3

User is: OffLine
Re: 95 Blazer power seat dead please help

sad91-4.3 is very right. The same issue happened with my 96 Blazer. Only mine was so bad that the corrosion was into about 6 inches of wire on both side of the connection. Had to replace a bit of wire and re-soldered the joint together and sealed it with liquid electrical tape then wrapped it in electrical tape. Over kill, probably. But I don’t want to fix it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.