1998 4wd Blazer - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

1998 4wd Blazer

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 2nd Gen Forums > Blazer / Bravada / Jimmy / Envoy
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
1998 4wd Blazer

My blazer has always had the vaccum line detached from the actuator... With this being said, I have no 4wd.. unless I take out the battery, the battery tray and plug it in and put it all back together then I can use 4wd. Well, If i attach the vac line to the actuator and do not use 4wd, everything is cool and it drives great in standard 2wd, if i switch it into 4wd and use that it works great, 4wd is active and everything works well. But upon switching back into 2wd something doesnt fully disengage and once i get up to 20-30mph some shit engages and hardcore grinding sounds occour until I stop (which I immediatly do).. So, I just go back to unhooking that vacc line off the actuator and I never have 4wd. My actuator is fine, I have replaced it, so what would be your priority list to check?
actuator cable? could this be hung up/ not fully disengaging or something?
Transfer Case vaccum switch? could this be it?
I read somebody said if the front diff is low on fluid it can somehow cause it to engage?
TCCM?
Front Axle sensor?
Dash switch?
I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and never fix the problem.. I know this is a common problem, somebody must know the fix!
Thank you! -Kyle
Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
goin broke but n style

User is: OffLine
Re: 1998 4wd Blazer

put the truck in 4wd and than back into 2wd while you have a vac guage on the actuator line. if you dont loose vac than i would say you have a bad vac seitch on the transfer case. If you do loose vac than you have a sticking cable. Check it for binding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.