Wheel base - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Wheel base

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 1st Gen Forums > S10 / S15
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
S10 Pilot

User is: OffLine
Wheel base

I've done some searching but can't get a positive answer on this. I am looking for a 2WD Blazer but since the are really rare, I have access to a 2wd pick up rolling chassis and I also have a couple 4wd Blazers laying around. My question is that I have heard that the 1st gen Blazer and the 1st gen short bed regular cab pick up have the same wheel base at 108" Does anyone have info on this. My idea is to swap a Blazer body onto the pick up chassis. Sure i'll have to move some mounts but if the wheel base is close, shouldnt be too bad. Any ideas???
Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
carolinatruckscene.com

Re: Wheel base

1st gen swb is 108" you should be good.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #3

pretty sure the blaze frames and the truck frames are way different in alot of ways man so you'll have ur work cut out for u lol good luck
Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
ASE certified MasterTech

A 2 door Blazer has a shorter wheelbase then the p/u trucks, a 4 door is closer but the frame is crooked in the rear among other things.

Last edited by jtcfanof3; 12-07-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #5

Someone else and I were trying to figure this out the other day.
First thing different is a pick up has a tall front bed mount that a blazer does not use.
Second thing was we looked at the front of a LMC catalog and it shows wheel base length.
Standard cab short bed p/u is 108"
4 door blazer is 107"
2 door blazer is 100.5"
And thier funky pics in the catalog just shows an extra cab mount mid rear for the four door.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
junkyard dog

down here in the south 2wd blazers are easy to find. you must be in the north. i came from rhode island and 4wd is the norm, but down here its the opposite, 4wd is rare and 2wd is all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.