S-10 Forum banner

Suicidal Build for friend *Many Pics*

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  rusty7983 
#1 ·
Long story short.. this 1991 s10 longbed 4.3 started out as a build project for a friend of mine who was suicidal and tried to kill himself in his s10.. and then it never stopped.. here is the pics and rest of the story>

These photos of all the ones I have of where he was driving home and decided to try and end his life and ramped off the side of an overpass. The look he was going for was a lowered longbed with some limegreen on it and to slowly build a smallblock for it. The truck was in really good shape and only had 120k on it. Hardest part for me was finding a std cab longbed. Drove two hours and picked up this:

It also is a 91 longbox, but has a million more miles on it. The plan was to switch out everything good from the wrecked truck and swap it into the donor truck. Here is the transformation.>

Then came the motor swap. Pulled the good motor first>

On to the other truck..

So I am lacking in conversation here.. haha What I did was swap the good 4.3 motor over to the donor truck and scrapped the other motor.. On to lowering the truck.. Granted in all these pics to come.. I changed the stance of the drop a few times due to not liking it.. Oh.. and many wheel combination changes.. haha

Then in the middle of all this swapping.. my mom died.. RIP Mom Love you.

Don't remember how i did that, but it was with a diegrinder and it hurt.. haha:(

This is where I basically called it good.. this is how my friend would have wanted it to look... so then I went to see him.. and here are the pictures he took of it..>

Perty much the end of my story on building it for him.. I think since the whole ordeal, he has lost his license and has yet to get them back, but he has kept his head up.. I just couldn't stop with the build of the truck though so the pics roll on.. with my 350 swap!:D:D:D

Here is my friend with his optimistic attitude haha.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well I guess you can only upload 50 pictures at a time? haha wtf..>>

Here is an exhaust video.. not sure how if it will work..

Basically the end of it.. I have alot more pictures of it now.. these pictures all were back in 2010.. early 11. I have to give photobucket a break.. haha That is my story of my 91 longbed build..

#3 ·
hey man i got to say it looks good! i have an 88 4.3 and im wanting to do what you have done for the swap. how hard was it and what all do you need to do to make it work? hate to be a pain but im gitting impatiant to do it. thanks keep up the good work and glad ur buddy is still around!

#4 ·
Easy man. Real easy. I think so haha drop in and bolt in. You can pm me and i will tell you anything you want to know.

#6 ·
Well said. Thanks alot! I got quite few more builds to upload sometime to show everyone. Stories of my life. Plan to upload my motorcycle accident next when i get the chance

#8 ·
Yeah.. I had them coddingtons since 08 when I recently sold them for 650.... fastest selling thing I ever sold.. Must have gave them away.. they were 17s.. no idea on style.. never could find another set EXACTLY like them.. 8s in front and 10s in back I believe.. 245/45/17 on front and 275/40/17 on back. I am running Rallys on it now.

#10 ·
I had my motorcycle project all uploaded then my dang internet explorer locked up so i havent redone it yet but I will. I am a pic whore when i build something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.