Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: Steering play
If the brake place that replaced the box and didn't tell you the rag was in trouble, I would be PISSED. That should be something they tell you to take care of right away. You may not have needed to replace the box.
There is a plastic cover over the end of the shaft that has to come off in order to see what's going on, unless someone already removed it. The best sollution was suggested by Bennsb, junk yard Jeep Cherokee steering shaft - eliminates the antique style rag.
Yo, get off the rag dood.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck) 3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best) Sold
7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.