S-10 Cameo ?'s - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

S-10 Cameo ?'s

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 1st Gen Forums > S10 / S15
New User? Register Forgot Password


 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Location: Boone Iowa
User is: OffLine
Question S-10 Cameo ?'s

Hello all!

Well, I am new around these parts so I thought I would drop by and say hello. I was just wondering if you could fill me in on a few things with the Cameo. From what I have found out so far is that it is a limited edition. A prototype to the Typhone and the Cyclone. In '89 they only made about 37 or so. From my understanding, most came with the 4.3 liter motor, auto trans, digital dash, and power windows. Here is my dilema...I have had an '88 Cameo for about 9 years or so. At first I thought it was an aftermarket upgrade, but the more I dig into it, the more it points to being a legit Cameo. I have spent hours on the phone with Chevy headquarters and they seem to know nothing about it. Not even that the Cameo even existed. At least that is what I got from the guy I was on the phone with. He says there computer system doesn't go back that far. So I have found through research that running the RPO codes in the glove box will identify if it is one. So far I have an RPO code that says there is an invoice from the company in Shrevport Louisianna that put the Cameo stuff on the select few S-10's that got the mod. There is also a sticker on the driver's side door jam from the same company that states that the truck was altered by them. So to me it makes it look like a real Cameo, but there is no documentation on the net that says there were ever any Cameos made in 1988. Kinda odd, but would like to hear if anyone else has ever ran into one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,918
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

weird, never heard of them
Old 03-24-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
Just a member
 
burple's Avatar
 
Age: 43
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,626
Location: Louisiana
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Chevrolet S-10 Cameo - Chevrolet made a limited production of the Cameo S-10 from '89 to '91. The package included Cameo decals, a sport suspension, complete ground effects kit (including diving lights and a roll pan), and high-back bucket seats, although some models lacked the gound effects and high-back buckets. In 1990 the 4.3L V6 was added as standard equipment boosting power to about 185 hp. The trucks feature 15x7 ralley wheels wrapped in P215/65R-15 Goodyear Eagle GT rubber. The sticker price on a loaded S-10 ran about $16,000.

There have actually been a couple that I know of for sale on the forum before and I know of a couple of members that still have one.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Location: Boone Iowa
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Yeah, I have found all that out also. Mine also has the high back bucket seats, full ground effects w/ decals, roll pan, fog lights, sport suspension, and S-10 Sport badges on the side of the truck and on the glove box.

I am just confused that everyone tells me that they were made from 89 - 91. Have you ever heard of one with the 2.8? I am asking cuz mine has a 2.8 HO motor with a 5 speed. I ran the VIN # just to make sure that it was an 88 S-10 and it is infact an 88. I had it dropped for the longest time, then found out how many were made and began to rebuild it to stock. I have some money invested into it now and would like to know that I am not just throwing my money into something that is not real. I will start looking into finding the build sheets that are located in the truck somewhere to see if the invoice from the company in Shrevport is in with it. If I find that, I assume it will be a legit Cameo, but will anyone believe that there is an 88 Cameo out there if everyone is saying that they were only made from 89 to 91?

I guess the reason that I am asking all these questions is that I might be interested in selling it and really have no idea as to how much to ask for it. Any input on this would be great. Thank you for reading!

Last edited by tHepHooL; 03-24-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
resident bmx prick
 
Morgen's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 444
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by tHepHooL
Yeah, I have found all that out also. Mine also has the high back bucket seats, full ground effects w/ decals, roll pan, fog lights, sport suspension, and S-10 Sport badges on the side of the truck and on the glove box.

I am just confused that everyone tells me that they were made from 89 - 91. Have you ever heard of one with the 2.8? I am asking cuz mine has a 2.8 HO motor with a 5 speed. I ran the VIN # just to make sure that it was an 88 S-10 and it is infact an 88. I had it dropped for the longest time, then found out how many were made and began to rebuild it to stock. I have some money invested into it now and would like to know that I am not just throwing my money into something that is not real. I will start looking into finding the build sheets that are located in the truck somewhere to see if the invoice from the company in Shrevport is in with it. If I find that, I assume it will be a legit Cameo, but will anyone believe that there is an 88 Cameo out there if everyone is saying that they were only made from 89 to 91?

I guess the reason that I am asking all these questions is that I might be interested in selling it and really have no idea as to how much to ask for it. Any input on this would be great. Thank you for reading!
All I know is... ive only seen one, and it was in a junkyard, for like 250$ ebay that beast. youll make thousands.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Age: 38
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,850
Location: Franklin, MA
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

You won't make much money on the Cameo if you are trying to sell it. They aren't that great of a truck. Yes they are limited production but who the hell really cares. It is just a stock S10 with GFX nothing special. Now if you had a Syclone that would be something to brag about. The Cameo is definitely a good looking stock S10 but nothing that you will make thousands off if you sell it.

I could say the same about my Xtreme because I have a very limited production model witht eh 4.3 5-speed fully loaded everything with Stepside bed. Not a ton of them made but still worthless like every other S10 every built with the exception of the Syclone. That is the only pickup to hold its value.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
ASE certified MasterTech
 
jtcfanof3's Avatar
 
Age: 38
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Location: A little here and a little there....
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by Dan Plante
You won't make much money on the Cameo if you are trying to sell it. They aren't that great of a truck. Yes they are limited production but who the hell really cares. It is just a stock S10 with GFX nothing special. Now if you had a Syclone that would be something to brag about. The Cameo is definitely a good looking stock S10 but nothing that you will make thousands off if you sell it.

I could say the same about my Xtreme because I have a very limited production model witht eh 4.3 5-speed fully loaded everything with Stepside bed. Not a ton of them made but still worthless like every other S10 every built with the exception of the Syclone. That is the only pickup to hold its value.
Now granted its not a syclone,but its the Pre Sonoma GT,the Sonoma GT's are rarer then the Cameos but they are just a dressed up S-10 also(well Sonoma).
So I would not go off about how they are not that rare Etc..as everything ages they get rarer,someone may want it,just like the Sonoma GT's so dont count him out that quickly!
I worked with a girl back in the Mid 90's that had a Blue Cameo,it had a decal up on the rear of the bed that said Cameo and it had GX also with fogs,but thats about all I can remember about it.
Here in town is a S-10 Durango,granted from what I can gather its just a longbed with a diffrent style color and probably a 4.3,dont say its not going too be worth anything either,its all about meeting up with the right person at the right time too make a good sale.
Dont get me wrong here,just dont count him out like that ASAP.
According too this EBAY ad its from 1988.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by jtcfanof3; 03-24-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
I just cummed.
 
GreatWhite00's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 18,280
Location: Cleveland, Oh
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

There used to be one at school. Everyone I've seen was missing the front. If it is indeed a complete cameo I am sure you can get a good amount for it.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
I just cummed.
 
GreatWhite00's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 18,280
Location: Cleveland, Oh
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
Dropped Dime
 
88chevys10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 136
Location: St. Peters
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

whoa wait a minute, is there something special about the s10 durango? thats what i have, i just thought it was a normal s-10
Old 03-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
1989 Camaro RS
 
luvmytruk's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,216
Location: Greenville, GA
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by 88chevys10
whoa wait a minute, is there something special about the s10 durango? thats what i have, i just thought it was a normal s-10

nothing special. just a trim package, like the tahoe, or sport, etc.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Ya I kinda agree with you guys on the price, it can vary. I have a 91 Cameo I bought new, I was offered a decient price but I'm waiting for the right price to come along. As for how many are left .. well in 91 they made about 350, so I bet there are less than 100 1991 Cameos left.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Location: Boone Iowa
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by jtcfanof3
Now granted its not a syclone,but its the Pre Sonoma GT,the Sonoma GT's are rarer then the Cameos but they are just a dressed up S-10 also(well Sonoma).
So I would not go off about how they are not that rare Etc..as everything ages they get rarer,someone may want it,just like the Sonoma GT's so dont count him out that quickly!
I worked with a girl back in the Mid 90's that had a Blue Cameo,it had a decal up on the rear of the bed that said Cameo and it had GX also with fogs,but thats about all I can remember about it.
Here in town is a S-10 Durango,granted from what I can gather its just a longbed with a diffrent style color and probably a 4.3,dont say its not going too be worth anything either,its all about meeting up with the right person at the right time too make a good sale.
Dont get me wrong here,just dont count him out like that ASAP.
According too this EBAY ad its from 1988.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...QQcmdZViewItem
Hey, this is really cool! Thanx for the support and for the sweet add on ebay. I might have to buy this. It would be a nice little addition with the truck. It is nice to see something else that supports that my truck is a real Cameo.


Quote: Originally Posted by atelisch
Ya I kinda agree with you guys on the price, it can vary. I have a 91 Cameo I bought new, I was offered a decient price but I'm waiting for the right price to come along. As for how many are left .. well in 91 they made about 350, so I bet there are less than 100 1991 Cameos left.
I am not sure if it is alright to ask this, but if it is, how much were you offered for your truck? Do you still talk to the guy that wanted it? If so, do you think he would be interested in an '88 Cameo?

Last edited by tHepHooL; 03-25-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
SirLDragon
 
SirLDragon's Avatar
 
Age: 45
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 39
Location: Valley City ND
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by tHepHooL
Yeah, I have found all that out also. Mine also has the high back bucket seats, full ground effects w/ decals, roll pan, fog lights, sport suspension, and S-10 Sport badges on the side of the truck and on the glove box.

I am just confused that everyone tells me that they were made from 89 - 91. Have you ever heard of one with the 2.8? I am asking cuz mine has a 2.8 HO motor with a 5 speed. I ran the VIN # just to make sure that it was an 88 S-10 and it is infact an 88. I had it dropped for the longest time, then found out how many were made and began to rebuild it to stock. I have some money invested into it now and would like to know that I am not just throwing my money into something that is not real. I will start looking into finding the build sheets that are located in the truck somewhere to see if the invoice from the company in Shrevport is in with it. If I find that, I assume it will be a legit Cameo, but will anyone believe that there is an 88 Cameo out there if everyone is saying that they were only made from 89 to 91?

I guess the reason that I am asking all these questions is that I might be interested in selling it and really have no idea as to how much to ask for it. Any input on this would be great. Thank you for reading!
Checking the VIN is easy. Just go by the tenth digit. J='88 K='89 Check the sticker in the driver's door jam for the production date. It may be a late '88 truck which could have actually been run on the beginning of the '89 production line. Sometimes they get overlapped when the manufacturers are trying to get geared up for the next year fast to beat the competition release date.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
 
jmwxtreme43's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,532
Location: Kingston, NH
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

lets see some pics
Old 03-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #16
ASE certified MasterTech
 
jtcfanof3's Avatar
 
Age: 38
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Location: A little here and a little there....
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Agreed!
PICS!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Age: 31
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 452
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

I was at an auction once when the sold a cameo, it was a 4.3 auto, it had the ground effect and what have you...

It ended up selling for 600 dollars, I'd would of gave it a 6.5 out of a 10 condition wise...

I've seen more sonoma gt's then the cameos...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10
Location: Boone Iowa
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by jmwxtreme43
lets see some pics
Alright, I think I have one from when I raced it, but other than that I really don't have many. I will see if I can get ahold of a digital camera and get some posted.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Registered User
 
RichzGT's Avatar
 
Age: 45
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 67
Location: Tampa FL
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by jtcfanof3
its the Pre Sonoma GT,the Sonoma GT's are rarer then the Cameos but they are just a dressed up S-10 also(well Sonoma).
So I would not go off about how they are not that rare Etc..as everything ages they get rarer,someone may want it,just like the Sonoma GT's so dont count him out that quickly!

That is correct...... I actually like the looks of the Cameo exterior a tad bit more than my Sonoma GT, but the GT interior is much nicer (especially the dash cluster).

The Chevrolet S-10 Cameo was made between 1989 and 1991 as a bid for the soon to come "Syclone Project". The Cameo was made in 2 versions,
the Cameo (with full wrap around ground effects) and the Cameo EL (front and rear ground effects only). The company which modified the factory vehicles was AFI (Auto Fab Inc.) in Louisiana. What made the Cameo line special from other stock trucks was: a sport suspension,15 x 7"ralley wheels,ground effects package including Cameo decals and fog lights, and a standard V-6. Most models also came with high back bucket seats and power package including digital dash. Although most of the "EL" and some "Cameo" models came through with basic equipment package stripped down trucks.

The 1989 Cameo is by far the most rare of the Cameo line. Only 37 were produced in 1989.

The bad part is that the "Cameo" was offered an "optional appearance package" instead of a seperate model so it technically is not as "collectable". The Sonoma GT's were actually a seperate model offered and the NADA book values are there which is especially good if your in an accident and repairs need to be done.

NOTE: Once you get that truck finished I would have it appraised and be sure to have all of the documentation you can i.e. receipts, and things like the ad on ebaY, etc.


Here is a cool website I found awhile back of a bad a$$ Cameo converted to V-8:


www.s10cameo.com


Here is another black Cameo that just needs a afternoon with a heat gun to remove those ugly ass graphics!!!

http://www.geocities.com/cameoextras/cameo.html


MY SONOMA GT:


http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238772






Last edited by RichzGT; 03-27-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
BUT I WONT PUT IT HERE
 
bmxbang's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,146
Location: Bluesprings, MO
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

ahh i wanna see some pics of your truck man i have heard of them before and seen a few pics but whats yours looking like?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

hello i have a 1989 s10 cameo. its all factory it has a sun roof and 2 in drop spindles on it to. i have a set of corvette rally wheels on it right now. 15 x 10 out back and 15 x 8 on frount.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #22
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

mine is apple red
Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #23
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

i was toled the wheels on my truck are worth about $1100 do yall know? i cant find out about what the trucks worth.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #24
ASE certified MasterTech
 
jtcfanof3's Avatar
 
Age: 38
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Location: A little here and a little there....
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by red 89 s10 cameo
i was toled the wheels on my truck are worth about $1100 do yall know? i cant find out about what the trucks worth.
Vette rally wheels?
Unless they were some rare option I kinda doubt it.
But if someone offered ya $1100,take it!
LOL
Someones pulling your leg,heres a full set that sold on ebay with tires for under $400:
eBay Motors: 1969 CAMARO/CORVETTE CHROME WHEELS 15X10 RIM WITH TIRES (item 270110216101 end time Apr-21-07 22:15:13 PDT)

Last edited by jtcfanof3; 04-22-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #25
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

ok thats what i was told they are rare. they came off a 76 or77 vet. most vets came with 7 x 15 all a round.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
stroked memba
 
officialvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 313
Location: lake hopatcong
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

7x15... dayum!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #27
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Red face Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by jtcfanof3
Vette rally wheels?
Unless they were some rare option I kinda doubt it.
But if someone offered ya $1100,take it!
LOL
Someones pulling your leg,heres a full set that sold on ebay with tires for under $400:
eBay Motors: 1969 CAMARO/CORVETTE CHROME WHEELS 15X10 RIM WITH TIRES (item 270110216101 end time Apr-21-07 22:15:13 PDT)
Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

15 x 7 sorry
Old 04-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #29
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by officialvin
7x15... dayum!
sorry 15 x 7
Old 04-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
Sprint Car Addict.
 
FCKNLOW's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,226
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

mint green and sky blue are the 2 most rare colors on the cameo's if you have one itsworth alot more......the way i explain the cameos is theyre pretty much a 1st gen xtreme if you will...im a 1st gen nut and would love to get my hands on one.....

Last edited by FCKNLOW; 04-22-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #31
whore turned lurker
 
dimerunner88's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,922
Location: Clay City,IN
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

i agree with framescrape, its basically a first-gen xtreme. the only one i've seen is my cousins and its been lowered 5/6
Old 04-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #32
Registered User
 
Age: 43
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 54
Location: COMMERCE GEORGIA
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

I knew a guy here in the early 90 s who had one. it was nice until a head on crash!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #33
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

i got one. its apple red 1989 ill sale for the right price!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 AM   #34
Registered User
 
Age: 35
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Location: olive hill ky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by FrameScrape89s10
mint green and sky blue are the 2 most rare colors on the cameo's if you have one itsworth alot more......the way i explain the cameos is theyre pretty much a 1st gen xtreme if you will...im a 1st gen nut and would love to get my hands on one.....
I have one its an 89 model. Mine is apple red with sun roof,4.3,4 speed auto all factory. it has 2 in droped spindles. Old style chevy rallys on it 15x10 out back and 15x8 on frount. Mite consider selling for the right price................
Old 04-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #35
PUNISHING GROUNDS
 
got_u_sick's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,350
Location: Kentucky
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

A friend of mine had a white one back in high school, very nice truck until he totaled it. Needless to say I was quite sad. I think he may still have it, though there wasnt much to it last time I saw it. What a shame.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 AM   #36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by tHepHooL
Hello all!

Well, I am new around these parts so I thought I would drop by and say hello. I was just wondering if you could fill me in on a few things with the Cameo. From what I have found out so far is that it is a limited edition. A prototype to the Typhone and the Cyclone. In '89 they only made about 37 or so. From my understanding, most came with the 4.3 liter motor, auto trans, digital dash, and power windows. Here is my dilema...I have had an '88 Cameo for about 9 years or so. At first I thought it was an aftermarket upgrade, but the more I dig into it, the more it points to being a legit Cameo. I have spent hours on the phone with Chevy headquarters and they seem to know nothing about it. Not even that the Cameo even existed. At least that is what I got from the guy I was on the phone with. He says there computer system doesn't go back that far. So I have found through research that running the RPO codes in the glove box will identify if it is one. So far I have an RPO code that says there is an invoice from the company in Shrevport Louisianna that put the Cameo stuff on the select few S-10's that got the mod. There is also a sticker on the driver's side door jam from the same company that states that the truck was altered by them. So to me it makes it look like a real Cameo, but there is no documentation on the net that says there were ever any Cameos made in 1988. Kinda odd, but would like to hear if anyone else has ever ran into one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.


I have a 1988 Cameo s-10 right now I just painted and redid the carpet and headliner. The truck has a 2.8 v-6 with 5 speed, full factory ground effects with square fog lights and factory fog light switch in dash. Sport suspension from factory and air conditioning and also has "truck " in black and red embroided on door panels and seats. The title says 1988 and 8/88 on door jamb but the truck was first titled in Jan of 1989. In Pa it shows the first title date and state on all car titles. It had the factory cameo graphics on door sides and tailgate. I dont have the factory mags so i have custom painted and polished centerline rims.
Attached Thumbnails
S-10 Cameo ?'s-att00035.jpg   S-10 Cameo ?'s-att00026.jpg  
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #37
Im Gonna Eat Yo COWNBREAD
 
sippiwhiteboy's Avatar
 
Age: 42
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
Location: Mississippi
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

There was a guy I went to school with, back in '88-'89, that had a black Cameo with the same options. So this would be the same time period. I remember it because all the Cameo's were suposed to have 4.3's in them but this one did not. It was like it was an entry level Cameo!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #38
back w/a s10
 
chevrolet_rocks's Avatar
 
Age: 24
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,765
Location: Sidney, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

i have heard of the cameo. first time i did was when i seen a s-10 cameo around town. it was all beat to hell.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #39
Registered User
 
Age: 26
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Wow thanks for reminding me about these trucks. I had a neighbor who was an artist and passed away recently but had a cameo, he cut the roof off so the interior is kinda shot but most of the bodykit is there along with the digital cluster, power windows, messed up buckets and a restorable center console, upgraded radio, aloy wheels with brand new tires on em. I think I can get it for damn near free.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #40
Registered User
 
Age: 26
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Aw hell I checked the owners manual in it and it was an 89 :\ well thats one less in this world.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #41
bag it. drop it. drag it.
 
drg4lfe2dth0psi's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 236
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

hahaha
<<<<<chevy s10 cameo
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 AM   #42
bagged 89 s10
 
Age: 27
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 537
Location: Hilo,Hawaii
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

does anyone know where i can find just the bumper? i lke the look of them.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #43
ASE certified MasterTech
 
jtcfanof3's Avatar
 
Age: 38
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Location: A little here and a little there....
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

They are kinda like Sy/TY bumper covers,they are hard too find,just watch ebay.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #44
I'm a huge ass
 
4.3Xtreme's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,798
Location: SE Ohio/ Nashville
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Never heard of the Cameo's before, but I saw a Sonoma GT once back home, at first I thought it was a joke, but guess it was production.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #45
Registered User
 
Age: 26
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f135/c...4/#post4336768
Old 03-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #46
Registered User
 
ShuggsRR's Avatar
 
Age: 38
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 612
Location: Fort Worth, TX
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by HotrodinPa
I have a 1988 Cameo s-10 right now I just painted and redid the carpet and headliner. The truck has a 2.8 v-6 with 5 speed, full factory ground effects with square fog lights and factory fog light switch in dash. Sport suspension from factory and air conditioning and also has "truck " in black and red embroided on door panels and seats. The title says 1988 and 8/88 on door jamb but the truck was first titled in Jan of 1989. In Pa it shows the first title date and state on all car titles. It had the factory cameo graphics on door sides and tailgate. I dont have the factory mags so i have custom painted and polished centerline rims.
and its for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 03-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #47
Registered User
 
Mattpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 877
Location: Lacey, Wa.
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by red 89 s10 cameo
i got one. its apple red 1989 ill sale for the right price!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess...you have an apple red '89? lol



But those are pretty cool trucks. I've heard of them before but don't think i've ever really looked up pictures or seen one until now.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #48
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: washington
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

I have a 89' cameo and I am the second owner. It has a flowmaster super 44,tint,remote start alarm,1,200 wt kenwood
with a 7" flip out and two 10 " Alpine subs...it is a rare truck and are very hard to find, mine is the best I have seen in person. You can look for it on youtube under my name "kyle fouts" pls let me know wt you all think
Old 08-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #49
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: washington
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

new here, how do Ipost a pic...?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #50
Registered User
 
24digger's Avatar
 
Age: 50
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,699
Location: Central Indiana
User is: OffLine
Re: S-10 Cameo ?'s

Open a photobucket accout or the like and post img from there.

Truck looks nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.