Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: MM5 Manual Transmission
I'm really tired of recommending this:
Honda makes a tranny juice for their manual trannys that is magic. It is a little thicker than ATF and is almost clear. I have 3 dimes with 5 speeds (T5s) and have installed this stuff in each one. It reduced grinding and my '91 goes to the drags pretty regularly. I can beat the synchros most of the time when I power shift, but it is alot less pronounced now.
Anyway, it's about $8/qt IIRC and it really works. I also would recommend adding a 1/2 QT of Lucas oil additive. This stuff also works well. It sticks to moving parts.
S10 addiction: (1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty,
(2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck Truck), (3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty,
(4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo Truck), (5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie Truck),
(6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best),
(7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty,
(8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.