Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: MM5 Manual Transmission
I'm really tired of recommending this:
Honda makes a tranny juice for their manual trannys that is magic. It is a little thicker than ATF and is almost clear. I have 3 dimes with 5 speeds (T5s) and have installed this stuff in each one. It reduced grinding and my '91 goes to the drags pretty regularly. I can beat the synchros most of the time when I power shift, but it is alot less pronounced now.
Anyway, it's about $8/qt IIRC and it really works. I also would recommend adding a 1/2 QT of Lucas oil additive. This stuff also works well. It sticks to moving parts.
1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty
2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck) 3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty
4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo)
5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie)
6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best)
7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty
8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.