Heater Core ?'s - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Heater Core ?'s

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Specific Model Forums > 1st Gen Forums > S10 / S15
New User? Register Forgot Password


 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69
Location:
User is: OffLine
Heater Core ?'s

I'm no longer getting heat out of my heater fan and everything works, I checked my inlet hose to the core and it's warm but the outlet from the core is cold does this mean my heater core is clogged or do I have bigger issues here? Thanks in advance for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Registered User
 
slammed89n92s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,029
Location: Massillon, Ohio
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

sounds like its clogged to me
Old 02-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Age: 39
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 155
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

whats your gauge say, might be stuck thermostat, it happens, prevents warm vechile in winter, but ya, they get glogged clogged and constipated!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Sadly enough my truck sucks all I have a a Speedometer and a Fuel Gauge everything else is dummy lights
Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Age: 39
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 155
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by LeDevil
Sadly enough my truck sucks all I have a a Speedometer and a Fuel Gauge everything else is dummy lights
warm engine for ten minutes, open radiator carefully, use a rag, with engine still running, lower a cooking thermometer down in coolant, wait five minute, pull it back out, it should read around 170 degrees at least, 160 wold be acceptable, this test will save you the trouble of removing heater core unnessary plus you can flush heater core with it in truck, just take hoses loose and connect water hose and let it rip
Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Truck #121616
 
Golana's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,860
Location: High River, Alberta
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by LeDevil
Sadly enough my truck sucks all I have a a Speedometer and a Fuel Gauge everything else is dummy lights
are you fkin serious? do you have a pic of this dash?

ive never seen one with just that before
Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

I'll post a pic tomorrow for you before I goto work but I'm dead serious Speedo and gas that's all I got
Old 02-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Age: 29
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 647
Location: southold, NY
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

wouldnt be a thermostat. if that was the case, the one hose wouldnt be warm. they'd both be cold. its a clogged heater core.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Age: 36
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,083
Location: attleboro, ma
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

My '94 Sonoma Reads About 160-170ish
Lowsy Heat, But I Already Assumed It Was The Heater Core.
As It The Only Thing In The Coolant System That Hasn't Been Replaced In The 3yrs That I've Had It.
Last 2 Owners Didn't Do Jack (i Knew Both).
The Core Is Original
Old 02-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
life begins @ 20 psi
 
SY2932's Avatar
 
Age: 42
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 669
Location: Groom Lake
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by Golana
are you fkin serious? do you have a pic of this dash?

ive never seen one with just that before
Yup, here's a dash shot of my old '88:

"Auxiliary instrumentation in my S10. Autometer 2 1/16" Phantom water temperature, oil pressure, transmission temperature and Sunpro 2 5/8" tach."

With regards to no heat issue, your heatercore is plugged up. If you are lucky, all you have to do is remove the lines and reverse flush them with a garden hose. Chances are you will probably need a new one if it is the original one. You can read my post here on how to replace it. HTH's
Old 02-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Truck #121616
 
Golana's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,860
Location: High River, Alberta
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by SY2932
Yup, here's a dash shot of my old '88:

"Auxiliary instrumentation in my S10. Autometer 2 1/16" Phantom water temperature, oil pressure, transmission temperature and Sunpro 2 5/8" tach."

With regards to no heat issue, your heatercore is plugged up. If you are lucky, all you have to do is remove the lines and reverse flush them with a garden hose. Chances are you will probably need a new one if it is the original one. You can read my post here on how to replace it. HTH's
wow... thats so welfare of chevy...


whats with that forklift steering wheel spinny thing hahaa! thats awesome.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

You beat me to posting my picture but yea that's my plain jane dash cluster . As for the heater core I just bought a new one from my work for $18 woohoo for my employee discount. I will be installing it tomorrow thank you for your suggestions and help
EDIT: I also bought a cheap o triple gauge setup from my work as well I think they are Equus got Volt, Oil Pressure, and Temp I think I payed $20 or so for them as well

Last edited by LeDevil; 02-23-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #13
Truck #121616
 
Golana's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,860
Location: High River, Alberta
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by LeDevil
You beat me to posting my picture but yea that's my plain jane dash cluster . As for the heater core I just bought a new one from my work for $18 woohoo for my employee discount. I will be installing it tomorrow thank you for your suggestions and help
EDIT: I also bought a cheap o triple gauge setup from my work as well I think they are Equus got Volt, Oil Pressure, and Temp I think I payed $20 or so for them as well
you work at napa, no?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #14
life begins @ 20 psi
 
SY2932's Avatar
 
Age: 42
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 669
Location: Groom Lake
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Quote: Originally Posted by Golana
whats with that forklift steering wheel spinny thing hahaa! thats awesome.
It's a "suicide knob" that I bought from JC Whitney a few years ago. If you have never driven with one, they rock for driving one handed. Especially when turning while you have your favorite beverage in your other hand . However, they are illegal to own in some places unless you have a permit (at least here in the states).
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69
Location:
User is: OffLine
Re: Heater Core ?'s

Nope I work at Cost Less auto pats and Schucks auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.