S-10 Forum banner

Heater Core ?'s

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  LeDevil 
#1 ·
I'm no longer getting heat out of my heater fan and everything works, I checked my inlet hose to the core and it's warm but the outlet from the core is cold does this mean my heater core is clogged or do I have bigger issues here? Thanks in advance for the help

#5 ·
warm engine for ten minutes, open radiator carefully, use a rag, with engine still running, lower a cooking thermometer down in coolant, wait five minute, pull it back out, it should read around 170 degrees at least, 160 wold be acceptable, this test will save you the trouble of removing heater core unnessary plus you can flush heater core with it in truck, just take hoses loose and connect water hose and let it rip

#12 · (Edited)
:haha: You beat me to posting my picture but yea that's my plain jane dash cluster :rant:. As for the heater core I just bought a new one from my work for $18 woohoo for my employee discount. I will be installing it tomorrow thank you for your suggestions and help
EDIT: I also bought a cheap o triple gauge setup from my work as well I think they are Equus got Volt, Oil Pressure, and Temp I think I payed $20 or so for them as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.