S-10 Forum banner

Goodmark cowl hoods

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chrisweber96 
#1 ·
I am turning my drag 1993 drag race truck back into a regular truck. I've already got the right stock size wheels and tires back on it, and am finishing up on the mechanical issues. One major problem remains. I cut a hole in the stock hood for the air intake. I redesigned all that, and it now fits under a stock hood. But I found, to my surprise, that oem stock hoods for a first gen S10 are hard to find around here in good condition. A nice one costs as much as a Goodmark cowl hood. One with some damage will cost more than a perfect one because body shop rates are high here. I would like to have a cowl hood, especially since I can get one for the price of an excellent condition used hood. Anybody have any experience with these? Since all cowl hoods are aftermarket, which ones fit best? All the steel cowl hoods I've seen fit perfectly. I heard that Goodmark used to be GM approved.

#2 ·
They fit well. I have one...no complaints. A friend had an AIM hood from right in your backyard (Mesa) and it actually fit a little better. The only difference I could see is that the holes in the cowl were larger. The inner structure were exactly the same. Probably stamped at the same Chinese factory.

#4 ·
I am considering buying an AMD aluminum 2" cowl hood. They are supposed to be a tight fit and look great. They weigh nothing to boot. It would look great in raw aluminum...

I'm in Baton Rouge and also have several stock hoods in perfect shape. I also have (1) steel and (1) fiber glass 2" cowl hood. The glass hood is a POS though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.