S-10 Forum banner

From scrap to my backyard:D

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  2003Xtreme 
#1 ·
A while back I made a thread in the wrecked rides on this truck.. it is a 91 shortbed chevy that my drunk cousin wrecked.. hitting a tree at around 60mph.. basically totalling it. Well I just got a photobucket account and learning how to use it so I figured now I will show you guys my whole rebuild story :D Here goes.. this pic here is the night I first went and looked at it to access the damage.

This picture is how mangled the bumper was.. It was literally still attached by the light wiring and thats it. I will continue on...

Here it was loaded up on to the trailer. Notice the passenger side bumper horn..

Pics of the core support once it was out.

Nice view of the brand new radiator he put in two weeks before.

Picture of waterpump removed.. He hit so hard.. the pump shaft hit the back side plate of the waterpump.. haha

This is a picture of how the passenger side frame rail looked to be tweaked... I am going to post alot more pictures.. just want to get these started on the thread haha.

See less See more
#2 ·

Mangled up passenger frame.

This was my method of madness to pull the frame rail back to straight as I could..

Got front end started putting back together..

took old busted winshield out. Also stepped down to some 15s.. which added to its look of a wanna be 4wd.. lol

lowered the front with 4cyl drop springs.

Got the front bumper mocked up on to the truck.

I finally for once had a almost finished truck!

Installed a new windshield into the truck.

Finally got the back lowered after I waited to get my setback plates from JTR's
Now it was time for the Fun stuff!! :D:D:D

Almost done....

There you have it! All redone and ready to go! Sorry if the pics are really big.. and it I messed anything up.. first time doing it so see how it looks.. haha Hope you like my rebuild thread. Thanks

#3 ·
Nice work man! Truck looks great, is that rattle can?

Also, how'd the engine survive?

#6 ·
Nice work man! Truck looks great, is that rattle can?

Also, how'd the engine survive?
Yea.. it is rattle can. Just a cheap throw together truck. You take a look at the pictures.. not any rust holes in that body anywhere. The engine started right up once I got it all put back together.. haha the waterepump took the blunt of all the force. Thanks for the comments guys!

#7 ·
Wow, I'm really surprised the engine made it through that wreck.

Glad to see you put it together and btw that rattle can job doesn't look half bad (I was almost hesitant to ask).

#8 ·
Pics from far away hide the spray bomb.. Haha it would look alot better if i would have prepped the body better but i didnt. It just a quick job to get it done before winter got here because it has to sit outside unfortunately

#10 ·
Well that was my biggest fear when rebuilding the truck was if it was going to becable to be aligned.. After i got it all done i took it to get it aligned and it was off bad but it is good to go now! Drives straight and everything.

#12 ·
They said they got it as close as they could so only time will tell

#15 ·
Thanks guys! I have some more projects to load up as soon as get around to it.. Haha

#18 ·
I think the waterpump took the blunt of it but that frame rail was bent perty far out haha. Yea i hate to see them get scrapped. I have one parts truck and i was going to fix it but the frame is buckled right in the center.. The cab buckled too so it was basically not worth the trouble to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.