S-10 Forum banner

Factory ride height

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RestoredWreck 
#1 ·
The truck is an all stock 1989 base model.

First of all, I cannot find anywhere the specs for the ride height. The best I heard was that it should sit about two inches higher in the rear. Mine seems to sit at 29.75 in the front, and 32.75 in the rear. Inches, measured from the ground to the middle of the wheel well.

I know trucks sit higher in the rear, but this thing seems real jacked up especially when on level ground. I also know I could put leveling blocks on it, but I'm not interested. If something is wrong, Ill fix it. Otherwise ill accept it as it is.

The old picture below is the only one I have right now.

See less See more
#2 ·
the inky dinky tires you have don't help but yeah that's about right, what size tires you have on it

I've painted the inside of the wheel wells flat black to help cover it and there are other things you can do like factory fender flares slightly bigger tires 235 60's help a lot

#3 ·
The wheel covers are gone and that door is painted now! But the inky dinky tires are the right size...

The tires are 195-75/r14 which is what its supposed to have. I did notice that the other stock S10 wheel options are all 15's I believe. So those trucks probably have the appearance of less gap because they have bigger wheels and tires.

#5 ·
yeap my truck came factory with 215/65/15's on 7x15 rally rims i recommend 235/60/15's and those factory fender flares they make a world of difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.