Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Mad Max is offline
Re: 91 S10 Door Glass run channel rubbers
The black plastic channel clips are a PIA to install in the hole on the window. They have to 'pop' together. I use a small socket on one side of the glass (clip) while pushing very hard on the other side of the clip. You'll feel it pop into the hole, you just have to line them up correctly. I bought lots of them from Azone, there were 2 styles. One was JUNK, the other worked perfectly. Sorry, I don't remember which was which. They are cheap though, and you can return the ones that are useless. I did. They are in the "Help" section and are listed as GM window guide clips. The weather strips you are looking for are available on Ebay for reasonable pesos. Thry a search using window and door moldings and weatherstrip and window channel. They list them differently. IIRC, the window channel guide moldings are around $40 each. Somtimes there are lots of them listed, other times only a few listings. Somewhere I posted the complete process for replacement since i"ve done plenty.
S10 addiction: (1)'82 S10, 383, 700R4, Shorty,
(2) '85 S10, 3.4, 700R4 4x4 stretch cab (Redneck Truck), (3) '90 S10 2.5, 5 speed shorty,
(4) '91 S10, Built 3.4, 5 speed shorty (Voodoo Truck), (5) '92 S10, 2.5, 5 speed shorty, (Barbie Truck),
(6) '83 S10, 327, TH 350, shorty (13.00 best),
(7) '92 S10, 2.5 5 speed, Shorty,
(8) 1979 LUV, Buick 3.8 V6, TH 350 Shorty.