transmission/linkage issue! NEED HELP! - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

transmission/linkage issue! NEED HELP!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Transmission & Rearend
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
99 Problems

User is: OffLine
transmission/linkage issue! NEED HELP!

Ok ladies/gents,

first of all my truck is a 1997 Chevy Blazer with a 4.3 and its also 4x4 with a console shifter from the factory.

I was at the ATM on Thirsday night and I got some cash.... when I got back in I went to put the truck in gear and the gear shift came back as normal and then I tried to drive off and the motor rev'd up like it was in park and I noticed that it felt like the shifter was very loose. like it was moving but the cable wasnt moving the tranny linkage or something like that. so I put the E brake on and got underneath it and pulled back on the linkage and the tranny went into reverse (Thanks Ebrake for stopping the truck while I was under it lol) so I got back in the truck and put the shifter in drive and got back under the truck and I pulled the linkage into drive and managed to get it home. SO with that being said..... is my issue my shifter cable has slipped off somewhere to my linkage is messed up or what? Does anyone have [pics of where the cable meets the linkage so I can look at it?? Thanks everybody! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AWESOME CHRISTMAS AND KICK ASS NEWYEAR!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.