How to bleed clutch on 95 s10? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

How to bleed clutch on 95 s10?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Transmission & Rearend
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Tokey The Bear Says SMOKE

User is: OffLine
Question How to bleed clutch on 95 s10?

My friend has a 95 s10 2.2 4cyl with I think a t5 transmission cause it doesn't look like the nv1500 i had in my 98.Anyways,the haynes repair manual(people say is crappy)says gain access to the release cylinder which is located on the left side of the clutch housing,remove dust cap on the bleeder valve and so on.I know how to bleed a clutch i just cant find the bleeder on this thing.you have the master cylinder then the hydraulic clutch line going to the release cylinder where its fastened to the transmission with two bolts.This book doesn't even show you the difference between the t5 and nv1500.i wish it was like the nv1500 where the bleeder sticks out of the bell housing and has a push connect for the clutch line.Please Help
Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #2

Re: How to bleed clutch on 95 s10?

Don't recall a bleeder on mine either and have read some came as sealed master to slave complete assembly. Dismount the slave, tip hose end up, shove the rod/piston all the way back in, might get lucky. Remount, be careful not to blow piston out when not mounted.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #3

there is a small plastic protrusion on top of the slave cylinder, I has an allen screw in it. that is the bleeder. you will still have pump the clutch peddle forever but it will com up.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Boozebag

User is: OffLine

Both Maxmil and Mandood are pretty close. You have to remove the slave, unscrew the allen a little, then push the slave rod all the way in the slave while holding the cylinder vertical with the hose end up - you have to hold it at the same time - once the rod is in all the way (you'll see the air escaping) close the allen bolt bleeder thing. Reinstall the slave. Now pump the CRAPSKI out of the clutch pedal. Of course - make sure you have juice in the master cylinder. This is the ONLY way I could get mine to work in a reasonable amount of time. The design for the slave SUX!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.