S-10 Forum banner

Project Redo My Old Backhalf

62K views 543 replies 73 participants last post by  Drain Bamaged 
#1 ·
Been driving around for about three years with my bag over axle setup...Finally decided I've had enough. Redoing the notches back.

Any usefully advice, tips, anything would be greatly appreciated. Always nice to hear those during bulids like this.

Here's the start....
2x4" tubing 3/16" thick

See less See more
#162 ·
thanks alot guys. nice to know people understand and appreciate my work.

here's some pics of day 3, not too many. mainly alot of cleaning nd figuring things out like the pinion angle which i feel i still have wrong.

anybody have links to any threads? i'll look after i post this.

#166 ·
Lovin those RE8's. You can def tell now. Them things are HUGE lol

#214 ·
Looks great man, I've been following the thread, just haven't posted since I don't have much to add to what's been said already.

I know this doesn't usually end up happening on bagged trucks, but it can. The top example in this picture is actually bad for the u joints. There is no operating angles so they're not moving like they're supposed to, to lubricate the needle bearings properly.

#171 ·
no new pics. just been cleaning the frame and rearend. got the rearend welded up and painted last night. backhalfs all torn down for powdercoat and paint. hopefully be back together tomorrow or saturday. doubt i'll get to the plumbing yet. still don't know where the airtank is going.

#181 ·
Here's some updates :p

got my links back from powdercoat

it's called "black chrome"
i thought it would be blacker?
more of a charcoal gray, but i still think it looks really sweet.

got the mounts for my rear bed bolts on

all primered up :)

my axle is welded up, painted, bushings and grease fittings installed, and lsoh's rear disc's on. anybody else with these brakes? my brake hose is pressed against my housing pretty hard. wasn't sure if that was normal.

went a little overkill on the paint for the rearend. whole lot of buildup and runs. **** it, rust preventative right??

#183 ·
Can you do any other work than perfect. Do or have you made any fabercation mistakes....lol I'm jealous

haha. when i origionally tacked on the axle brackets they were way off and ****ed up my pinion. i think that's about it on this build haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.