how to set up a 4 link ? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

how to set up a 4 link ?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
anyone want to help?

User is: OffLine
how to set up a 4 link ?

Wondering if there is any one who want to tell me how to set up a triangulated 4 link ? i know i can just buy a specific link kit but i want to save some money and just get a universal kit and make it work on my truck. I know you have to measure for your pinion angle but thats about it? some one please give me the run down.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Stock tires with 5.7

Re: how to set up a 4 link ?

From what i have read.

Bottom bars need to be parallel with the top bars as if you was looking for the side. The triangulated bars need at least 40 degree angle. The top and bottom bars need to be mounted as close as possible to the same distance of the axel. Pinon set at ride height.

If i think of anything else I will come back and post. I do feel like i am forgetting something.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
anyone want to help?

thanks, now i have some basic info
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
anyone want to help?

does the bar length matter? or which bars are longer? or how long should the bars be?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
Stock tires with 5.7

Longer the better. they need to be mounted about the same distance from the axle to the frame.

If anything the uppers can be mounted a lil closer from the axle... it will just cause pinon to turn down when u lay it out. (being it is a forward facing 4link)

that is what i am gonna end up having to do on mine.

Last edited by TuckaBlaze; 11-12-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
DELIBERATE DESIGNS

Quote: Originally Posted by TuckaBlaze
From what i have read.

Bottom bars need to be parallel with the top bars as if you was looking for the side. The triangulated bars need at least 40 degree angle. The top and bottom bars need to be mounted as close as possible to the same distance of the axel. Pinon set at ride height.

If i think of anything else I will come back and post. I do feel like i am forgetting something.
Hes sorta right.

(Side View)
Bottom bars are suposed to be parallel with the ground at ride height. to minimize steering roll.
The uppers are suposed to angle down a little towards the front to change your anti squat.

You are right on the part about the uppers. The uppers should have as much triangulation as possible on the top side. This holds your rear end from skating around side to side whule you drive.

The longer the bar the better. The longer bars provide less your pinion angle should change if it is set up right. And longer bars also minimize the moviment of the driveshaft by not pulling it out or pushing it into the tranny.

PIC:

Good video on how the links and bar lenghts effect your pinion change.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoAu-gPPktQ

Last edited by GET_LOW; 11-12-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
Afterhours Admin

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f125/c...5/#post5737880
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.